The purpose of homework is for students to practice the skills that they learn in class. It is assigned on a nightly basis and is intended to take approximately a half hour or forty-five minutes. A list of homework assignments an be found on this website under the “Course 2” and “Pre-Algebra” tabs. Please ask your child in which course he or she is enrolled.
Students need to bring their textbooks, a notebook and a pencil to class everyday. Colored pencils, rulers, markers and calculators are useful tool for seventh graders as well.
Parents may e-mail me with questions or concerns at any time. I am generally able to respond within twenty-four hours.
Unit I: Number Sense and Operations
- Operations with whole number, fractions and decimals
- Working with percents
- Order of arithmetic operations
Unit II: Patterns, Relations and Algebra
- Working with tables, formulas and graphs
- Linear relationships
- Solving equations
Unit III: Geometry
- Congruent and similar figures
- Transformations: translations, reflections, dilations, reductions
- Properties of parallel lines
- Proportional relationships
Unit IV: Measurement
- Converting between systems of measurement (customary vs. metric)
- Perimeter and area of two-dimensional figures
- Surface area and volume of prisms and cylinders
Unit V: Data Analysis, Statistics and Probability
- Using circle graphs, Venn diagrams, stem-and-leaf plots, tables, and charts
- Measures of central tendency and range
- Probability of simple and compound events