Acceptable use policies is an agreement in a computer network community showing intentions of the expectations for devices and networks.
For do's and dont's concerning AUP's you can visit the site: https://it.brown.edu/computing-policies/acceptable-use-policy/acceptable-use-examples
An acceptable use policy should include:
-Rules for use
MORRIS Acceptable Use Policy (AUP Form)
If you agree to the details below sign on the line at the bottom of the page.
- Technology and all computer files should not be tampered with unless you have authorization.
- You may not use another individual's account or attempt to capture or guess other users' passwords.
- You are individually responsible for appropriate use of all resources assigned to you, including the computer, iPads, charging chords, cameras, and any other software and hardware.
- Try to protect your passwords and to secure resources against unauthorized users.
- You must not access restricted areas or sites, change any administrative settings, or default settings on the devices without authorization.
- You must comply with the rules and standards for all resources you are granted access to.
- You can not download or use any network hardware or software materials that will degrade performance or corrupt the technology devices in any way.
- Do not use tools designed for hacking or password cracking.
Parent Signature Date
Student Signature Date