Welcome to 4th Grade!
Students are off to a busy start for the 2012-2013 school year! Students will have nghtly homework in Math and Reading. Reading will also include monthly reading projects. A calendar of monthly project dates was sent home at the beginning of the year. Make sure you student stays on track with his or her reading so they are prepared for these assignments. Students should be getting in the routine of writing in their planner and being responsible for their homework. Please check students' planner or worksheets to find out when assignments are due. In Math, students have weekly and monthly homework.
Helpful Hints to Have a Successful Year
* If you do not know you multiplication facts, practice them nightly.
* Write in your planner daily.
* Follow the classroom and school rules.
* Read 20-30 minutes a night from a chapter book (perhaps the book you will do your monthly reading project on)
* Ask questions in class if you do not understand something.
* Know your lunch pin number.
* Graded papers and communication from the school goes home on Tuesdays. Be sure to read all the papers sent home by the office.
* Set goals and work towards achieving them.
*Be a good example for other students to follow.