Writing Up Your Results
1. Write a topic sentence stating the Manipulated (Independent) and Responding (Dependent) variables and a reference to a table or graph.
2. Write sentences comparing the measure of central tendency of the groups.
3. Write sentences describing the statistical tests (t-test), levels of significance, and the null hypothesis.
4. Write sentences comparing the calculated value with the required statistical (critical) value. Make a statement about the acceptance or rejection of the null hypothesis.
5. Write a sentence stating support of the research hypothesis by the data.