Global History & Geography 9/US History Requirements
- Academic Materials & Expectations/ABSENCE POLICY!
- 3-Ring Binder (Large) for Notes & Handouts (VERY IMPORTANT)
- 50 sheets of Looseleaf Paper placed in Binder (for purposes of notetaking)
- Blue & Black pens ONLY (NO Red pens or Neon colors that blind me!)
- Always present your own work to the teacher. Please do not "copy" information from others when completing a homework or writing assignment.
- Plagiarism (i.e.-cheating) will result in a "0" on the assignment/quiz/test and possible detention time.
- When absent, please check this website for required assignments and due dates. Work is due on the first day that you return to school unless a note is provided that explains why further time is needed (on the first day that you return).
- When absent for an EXAM/QUIZ, make arrangements to make up the exam within a week of your return. ALL MAKE UP EXAMS ARE TO BE TAKEN AFTER SCHOOL.
2. Behavioral Expectations
- Please attend class each day and arrive on time.
- Cutting class and/or lateness to class will result in detention time.
- Take care of the Textbook provided (keep in good condition/treat with care).
- Keep the textbook at home for HW assignments.
- DO NOT write in the Textbook!
- Please be respectful of the teacher and fellow peers at all times.
- Please use appropriate language at all times and possess a positive attitude.
- Raise your hand before answering a question (unless during an "open forum" session or debate, etc.).
- Please turn off electronic devices and keep them out of site. NO "TEXTING" UNDER THE DESKS!
- Use of cell phones and/or I-Pods will result in a warning, removal of device or possible detention.