Grading Policy: Students will be assessed each marking period based on their performance on exams, quizes and their successful completion of classwork, homework and writing assignments.
- Exams=40% of grade each marking period
- Exams will be administered at the middle and end of each unit. Hence, there will be two exams given per unit. There will always be at LEAST 2 days notice given prior to an exam being given. Exam dates will always be posted on this website.
2. Quizes=30% of grade each marking period
- A quiz will be given almost every week on the most current material covered. A quiz will ALWAYS be announced the day before and posted on the website.
3. Classwork/Homework=10% of grade each marking period
- Classwork is often checked and/or collected to demonstrate meaningful participation in class activities. Individual and group grades are assigned. Homework assignments are given at least once-twice per week. HW assignments and due dates are always posted on this website under "Global 9 Assignment Page".
4. Thematic/DBQ Essays=20% of grade per marking period
- Students will be required to learn & utilize a format for the effective writing of Thematic & DBQ (Document-Based Question) Essays. Global 9 students will write one Thematic and one DBQ per quarter to gain an understanding of high-school level writing and what is required for the Regents examination. US History students will write a Thematic Essay per quarter and a DBQ each semester. The requirements/format for Thematic/DBQ essay writing is provided in this website for reference.