Welcome to my math site!
This is the place to go to find resources to be more successful in math! I am including some of the links we use in class (no pens casts yet, haven't figured out how to upload them in this format) and interactive sites. Simply look for a topic, and click on it! I have included separate tabs for INTEGERS and FRACTIONS as there is a wealth of resources for these topics. Topics will be listed in the order they were covered in class.
Parents - I am including a link to the PA department of Educations index. On this link you can get practice pssa tests and on this one you can find scoring guidelines, item samplers, formulas and other useful items!
At the end of this page (scroll down please) I have included a library of other sites, many of which I use in class. there is also a link to the text book that we use that is very informative.
- coordinate graphing
- probability: a game and a video and an activity
- place value: a game and another game
- adding and subtracting decimals: a game
- scientific notation: a video
- powers of 10 video
- multiplying decimals: a video:
- dividing decimals - a video: :
- divide decimals by powers of 10 : l just click on the description to go to link!
- a video called powers of ten, and a video on scientific notation
- order of operations: a challenging activity, and a millionaire game
- predicting sequences and a great explanation
- predicting sequences and common patterns and a video
- how to find 'the rule' - a function machine
- this site is a TI-83 free online graphing calculator - use it to model functions!
- solving one step equations: a game, and a battleship game, and a math video explanation
- what is a variable? and explanation
- solving two steps equations, and a video
- the powerpoint for solving two-step algebraic equations can be found on my web page - scroll down to files - it is the one with the ppt extension.
I have found a few great math sources that may be of help to anyone wanting to get an explanation of a topic, or find games or more practice to improve math skills. These are:
- http://www.classzone.com/cz/books/math_thematics2_08/book_home.htm?state=PA THIS IS OUR CLASS TEXT BOOK SITE!!!!!
- some math-play games