Early Childhood (ZA) Endorsement
Students who are working toward elementary certification requirements may qualify for this additional endorsement by meeting the following requirements:
- EDC 182, The Infant and Young Child in the Family and Society. (4 credits)
- EDC 183, Introduction and Clinical Experience in Early Childhood. (4 credits)
- EDC 282, Involving Parents and Community. (2 credits)
- EDC 383, Curriculum and Methods in Early Childhood Education. (4 credits)
- EDC 493, Directed Teaching in Early Childhood Education. (5 credits)
- SOA 220, Sociology of Family. (4 credits)
- Passing scores on the Basic Skills Tests as required by the State of Michigan.
Students pursuing Early Childhood Endorsement will be required to earn the American Red Cross Certificate in First Aid and CPR for infants and children.
Students must pass the state test for Elementary Certification plus the Subject Area Test for Early Childhood to be recommended for certification.
Source: Alma College's Website