Help sessions will be held after school every Tuesday from 3:25- 4:10.
- Students are to enter the classroom on noise level 0, take their seats and begin the bell work assignment.
- Students are to be prepared for class, having all necessary materials.
- Students are to follow directions the first time they are given.
- Hall passes are ONLY issued for EXTREME emergencies.
- Students will raise their hands for permission to speak or leave their seat during direct instruction.
- All forms of communication, for any reason, during individual assessments (tests and quizzes) will result in a grade of zero on that assessment.
- Heads MUST remain off the desk at ALL times.
- Gum chewing, eating, drinking and personal grooming is NOT allowed in the classroom
- Each student will clean and straighten the area in and around their desk.
- Students are to stay on task at ALL times.
- Students are to remain in their seats until dismissed by the teacher. THE BELL DOES NOT DISMISS THE CLASS.
The following consequences will be administered for any student who violates any of the rules found in the student handbook:
1st Offense Individual verbal warning
2nd Offense Parent phone call or Parent-Teacher Conference
3rd Offense Referral to the Dean
4th Offense After-school detention
40% - Tests
20% - Quizzes
20% - Project
10% - Homework
10% - Class work & Participation
Homework will be assigned on at least 3 times a week. Students are expected to do their own work except when doing group work.
Homework must be completed by the beginning of class. Once homework is collected, any other work submitted is considered late work. Assignments will be accepted up to two (2) days after the due date. However, a minimum deduction 10% for one (1) day and a minimum deduction of 30% for two (2) days will be assessed to the assignment. No work will be accepted more than two (2) days after the published due date.
Students will be quizzed every Friday and will be notified in advance regarding tests. However, the general rule is: a test will be given the Monday following the completion of each chapter.
In case of absence(s), it will be the student’s responsibility to see me for missed work. If a student is absent on the day in which an assignment is due, the assignment will be due the first day in which the student returns to school. Failure to turn in work will result in a zero for the assignment (major assignments should include communication with parent).
Make-Up Work Policy
It is the student’s responsibility to contact me personally the same day of his/her return to school to be given information on all missed work. All make-up work must be completed by the teacher-determined due date. No make-up work will be accepted after the due date. Failure to turn in work will result in a zero for the assignment(s).
In the event a student fails a test or a quiz, an opportunity will be given to the student to take a make-up test or quiz. However, the student must first attend at least 1 tutoring session to demonstrate to me that they understand the concepts being tested. The make-up test will be administered after school and the student’s grade for this assignment will be the average of the failed one and the made-up one.
Extra credit is given throughout the nine weeks.
Texts and Required Materials
- Algebra 2 for Christian Schools, Bob Jones University
- Scientific Calculator (TI 30x II or higher)
- Loose leaf notebook paper
- Graph paper
- Pencils (preferably mechanical)
- Sharpener with cover
- Color pens
- Composition Notebook
- One 3 ring binder
- 5 Dividers
- Dry erase markers
- Glue stick
Requirements for Students
- Be in class on time and ready to begin class.
- Have all materials ready and accessible for class.
- Turn in all assignments on time.
- All work must be shown in order to receive full credit for a problem/assignment.