Welcome to Physical Education website at Olympia Height Elementary!
My name is Mr. Alvarez, Physical Education teacher since 1997. Now I the honor to be one of the two Physical Education teacher at this beautiful school.
The goals for the students in physical education classes are:
· To develop healthy living habits that will last a lifetime.
· To participate in a wide variety of activities that will increase their social and mental abilities.
· To teach teamwork and cooperation skills.
· To increasing students’ levels of physical fitness.
· To teach knowledge of rules and strategies when playing a game or activity.
· To emphasize the self-satisfaction of giving one’s best effort when fallow rules, regardless of winning or losing.
· To help all students become aware of their capabilities while participating in various activities.
· To promote positive student interactions through physical activity.
· To help students find activities they can play outside of school in a community setting.
For all students to have a safe and positive experience in physical education, the following expectations will need to be followed:
· All students will listen and follow the instructor’s directions.
· All students will try their best in all activities.
· All students will cooperate and work well with their classmates and instructor.
· All students will display a positive attitude while maintaining self-control.
· All students will participate in the activities scheduled unless a written reason is given. If an illness or injury persists, please have a doctor write a note explaining the student restrictions, as well as the duration of the injury or illness.
· All students have been reminded that they must wear tennis shoes or sneakers and socks during their physical education class. No high heels (including wedges), clogs, boots or sandals will be permitted and the student will be asked to sit out of the fun activities for the day. Sneakers must fit well and stay on the student during the activity as well.
I continuously set clear expectations for the students for each class in helping them succeed to become lifelong movers! I am always looking forward to a great year. If you ever have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at school.