There are many variables involved in the overall success of a student. With that in mind, there are several ways that you can positively influence that success as a parent....
- Assisting them with the work they bring home
- Ensuring that they have all of the required supplies for class
- Maintain a growth mindset toward them about learning
Required Supplies for Class:
- Loose leaf paper or spiral
- Writing utensil (preferably a pencil with an eraser)
- Binder or equivalent container to manage returned assignments with feedback
I am a firm believer that when students see parents involved and a participating in the learning process they become further engaged. Here are just a few ideas:
- Chaperone (We will need several parents for the spring field trip near the end of May)
- Career/Profession talk (Be a guest speaker about what you do and the role of education in that)
- Paper grader
If you have anything else in mind that you believe you could help out with, please contact me via email.
As important as I feel about feedback for the student, I believe it is equally important for the instructor to receive critique as well. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. My contact information can be found under the General Info tab.