Welcome to math class! 6th grade math builds on knowledge gained in previous grades, and focuses on developing four main areas of understanding:
- Positive Rational Numbers;
- Numeric and algebraic Expressions; and
- Equations and Inequalities.
- We will begin with Positive Rational Numbers Information
- We will add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions and decimals
Practice Math at Home
- We will be using a curriculum this year called enVisionmath 2.0.
- Students will learn mathematics through a blend of different types of activities. Some activities provide direct instruction, while others ask students to study real-world settings to learn math concepts and how they are used in daily life. Each student will be issued a consumable workbook to be brought to class daily.
- A great game to practice adding and subtracting fractions is Speedway Fractions! Give this a try to practice working with fractions!
- A great game to play online as we dive into integers is the Minus Miners! This will give you practice adding negative integers!