- Please help your child arrive on time to school each day.
- If your child is tardy, he/she must check in at the office and receive a tardy slip before coming to the classroom.
- If your child is absent, please call or write a note to verify the absence. If possible, arrange for homework to be given.
- If your child is going to be out five days or more, please let me know to arrange a contract.
- If your child has an early dismissal, you must check in with the office and receive an early dismissal form before I can release your child to you. This policy ensures the safety of your child.
- GATE Curriculum components
- Open Court conventional components
- Novel studies-Balanced Literacy (Writing and Reading)
- McGraw Hill-Science, Social Studies, and Math
- Initial materials will be provided for students.
- Students will be given a suggested material list for the year.
- Students will be expected to have their homework folder, writer’s notebook, books, and agenda each day at school. Other materials may be brought home on as needed basis.
- Books: Students will be using books from our classroom library, school library, and home library.
- Assigned Monday-Friday
- Reading 45 Minutes: Just Right Book (At Reading Level)
- Writing Entry
- Math Concepts Practice-No more than 15 problems with explanations
- Other research based projects
- Focus on quality versus quantity of work
Each week, students will have:
- 2 Physical Education Sessions
- Be responsible.
- Be respectful.
- Problem Solve.
- Be calm.
- Be prepared to think, struggle, and make mistakes along the way to grow.
- Cell phones need to be turned off and stored in a backpack/handbag until the student is off campus.
- Cell phones that are observed on campus will be confiscated and turned into the office for pick up by a parent/guardian.
- Step 1: Verbal Warning/Reminder
- Step 2: 5 Minutes to Reflect in a New Seat
- Step 3: 10 Minutes in a Buddy Classroom/Reflection Sheet/Teacher-Student Conference
- Step 4: Office Referral/Parent Contact/Loss of Privilege
**Severe behaviors will be addressed with an administrator**
Communication and Teamwork
- School Phone: 382-5970
- Classroom E-mail (Student or parent may e-mail): ElderCreek14b6@yahoo.com
- Classroom Website: http://email@example.com
- Conference: Before or After School (if possible, please prearrange)
- Home Visits
- Weekly Classroom Newsletters (Sent Every Monday)
- Items on Yellow Paper: If your child sends home a copy on yellow paper, please note that there is a request for a parent signature.
- Connect-Ed Messages
- Progress Reports (3 Yearly)
- Student Agenda Books