Mrs. Norman’s 5th and 6th Grade Reading Class’
Conference Period 9:15-10:00 a.m.
I am teaching 5th and 6th grade reading this year. I am so excited to share my love of reading with you. I enjoy reading, and want to make this reading class extremely fun while being educational as well. I am looking forward to our year!
Mrs. Norman’s Rules
- Be respectful of teacher, other students, and school property.
- No talking when I am talking.
- Keep hands, feet, and unkind comments to yourselves.
- Be prepared.
- No talking or laughing when another student is reading aloud.
1st period: 7:50-8:40 5th Grade Reading
2nd period: 8:45-9:35 6th Grade Reading
3rd period: 9:40-10:30 Conference Period
4th period: 10:35-11:25 5th Grade Reading
5th period: 11:30-12:20 5th Grade TAKS Reading
6th period: 12:55-1:45 6th Grade Reading
7th period: 1:50-2:40 6th Grade Reading
8th period: 2:45-3:30 Tutorials
Your assignments for the year will be composed of:
· A vocabulary quiz every other Friday.
· You will turn in your notebook for a test grade at the end of each semester.
· A reading test every two weeks composed of any articles, stories, and other literary works we have covered. (These test will fall opposite of your vocabulary quizzes).
· You will be required to have 10 AR points every six weeks.
· One book report will be due at the end of the year.
Some great websites to visit: