Welcome to Mr. Bailey's website
On this site you will find many resources used in the Maplewood High School seventh grade Reading curriculum and eighth grade Communications curriculum. In addition, there some great websites linked here to help students with their homework.
Why is Reading so important?
- At first, we learn to read. Then, we read to learn.
- Reading is the key to all learning.
- Students who are good readers generally are successful in school.
- Students who are confident about reading have a positive attitude toward learning.
- Students who read and share what they have read with their families and friends develop a love of reading that lasts a lifetime.
Before you leave this page, please take time to read the text below:
The remarkable human mind…
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy in Elngnad, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Itnrsetieng, huh? It is rllaey azinamg waht the hmaun mnid is cabalpe of dnoig.
Here is another paragraph that is a little more challenging...
7H15 M3554G63 4L50 53RV35 70 PR0V3 H0W 0UR M1ND5 C4N D0 4M4ZING 7H1NG5. 4T 7H3 B3G1NN1NG 0F 7H15 P4R4GR4PH 17 W45 H4RD, BU7 N0W Y0UR M1ND 15 R34D1NG 17 4U70M471C4LLY W17H0U7 3V3N 7H1NK1NG 4B0UT 17. R47H3R 1MPR3551V3 15N’7 17?