Resource Page For Parents of Gifted Children
On this website you can find books for parenting gifted children: http://www.prufrock.com/showproducts.cfm?WPCID=1059.
Check out these gifted websites:
- GT World: GT World is an on-line support community for parents of Gifted and Talented children. Their mission includes parenting and advocating for gifted children, teaching them how to advocate for themselves, the experience of growing up gifted, obtaining an appropriate education, helping gifted kids with learning disabilities, and the wide range of other issues which tend to be flavored strongly by the gifted children's "difference".
- State Resources for Gifted Education: This page includes a list of State Department of Education offices responsible for gifted education and state-wide advocacy groups. State education offices provide technical support to schools that want to offer appropriate services to students who are gifted.
- The National Research Center on the Gifted and Talented (NRC/GT): NRC/GT is supported under the Educational Research and Development Centers Program, as administered by the Office of Educational Research and Improvement, U.S. Department of Education.
- Frequently Asked Questions on Gifted Education: Great information in Q&A format from ERIC Clearinghouse on Disabilities and Gifted Education.
- LD in Depth: Learning Disabilities and Giftedness: This site contains articles and information on LD in gifted students.
- Parents of Gifted/Learning Disabled Children: The goals of this nationwide non-profit organization include supporting parents, students, and educators as well as spreading information to increase the awareness of GT/LD individuals.