Welcome! Classes Started on Monday, March 30, 2020!
As we embark on this journey via online learning, please be patient. While I have taken many courses online, this will be the first I serve as an online instructor. I will do my best to update this site regularly with course information, links, instructions, and assignments. Starting Monday, March 30th, my office hours will be from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, Monday - Friday. I will be available via email, chat, or video conference during those times. Please remember that I teach 7 classes (150 students). I may at times be overwhelmed by parents and students trying to reach me at the same time, causing a delay in my response. Again, I ask you to please be patient. I will do my best to respond to you in a timely manner.
My email address is: email@example.com
Each class day (Even or Odd) students are required to log into their classes on CANVAS. They should log into their class chat room on Microsoft Teams, type the word "Present" and click send. Microsoft Teams is a communication and collaboration platform that facilitates chat, video meetings, and file storage. I will use this web page, Microsoft Teams, Pinnacle, and CANVAS as the main communication tools. Below are the links for each class chat room.
Microsoft Teams Class Chat Room Links by Class Period (Click the link for your class)
♦ Other Links:
Broward SSO ß (clicking this link will take you to the log in page for your Clever Dashboard)
Broward SSO is your one-stop access to most of the website applications you use to accomplish your educational needs. After signing into Broward SSO, you’ll have access to many of your website applications without having to sign-in again. It’s Broward’s one-stop access to most of the website applications students use.
Pinnacle ß (clicking this link will take you to the log in page for Pinnacle)
As a District practice, the Pinnacle Student Gradebook is available for students and parents to view grades and attendance.
Microsoft Student Advantage ß (clicking this link will take you to the available download for Microsoft Applications)
The Microsoft Student Advantage Program provides full versions of Microsoft products. The program is available for all students in Broward County Public Schools for use on their personal and mobile devices (Android and iOS). Students have access to the tools they need to be successful in their education and are prepared for the technology skills required in the workforce. This is where the Microsoft Teams application is.
* Reminder: Your textbook (StemScopes), Vocab.com, Achieve 3000, Pinnacle, and CANVAS, are all located on the Clever dashboard when you sign in to Broward SSO.
For technical issues, parents please call the Innovative Learning Department at 754-321-2620.
♦ Class Dates:
|Even Dates||Odd Dates|
|Monday 3/30||Tuesday 3/31|
|Wednesday 4/1||Thursday 4/2|
|Friday 4/3||Monday 4/6|
|Tuesday 4/7||Wednesday 4/8|
|Thursday 4/9||Monday 4/13|
|Tuesday 4/14||Wednesday 4/15|
|Thursday 4/16||Friday 4/17|
|Monday 4/20||Tuesday 4/21|
|Wednesday 4/22||Thursday 4/23|
|Friday 4/24||Monday 4/27|
|Tuesday 4/28||Wednesday 4/29|
|Thursday 4/30||Friday 5/1|
|Monday 5/4||Tuesday 5/5|
|Wednesday 5/6||Thursday 5/7|
|Friday 5/8||Monday 5/11|
|Tuesday 5/12||Wednesday 5/13|
|Thursday 5/14||Friday 5/15|
|Monday 5/18||Tuesday 5/19|
|Wednesday 5/20||Thursday 5/21|
|Friday 5/22||Tuesday 5/26|
|Wednesday 5/27||Thursday 5/28|
|Friday 5/29||Monday 6/1|
♦ Assignments & Due Dates:
Yellow = Currently Due
Grey = Past Due
• Please read through the Class Notes page
• CANVAS Assignment (Test) - C.A.R.E. Assessment 10 Models of the Solar System (Revised) Should be completed on 3/30 or 3/31
• Please read through the Class Notes pages
• Via the StemScopes application, Read, complete, and submit the assigned STEMscopedia — Physical Properties of Stars (Periods 1, 2, 4, 7, & 8) or STEMscopedia Advanced (Periods 5 & 6) activity by midnight on Sunday 4/5
• Via the StemScopes application, Read, complete, and submit the assigned Reading Science A—Light-Years from 8.E 5.5 Physical Properties of Stars (Periods 1, 2, 4, 7, & 8) or Reading Science B—Light-Years from 8.E 5.5 Physical Properties of Stars (Periods 5 & 6) activity by midnight on Sunday 4/10
• QUIZ Complete and submit Multiple Choice Assessment from 8.E 5.5 Physical Properties of Stars on StemScopes by midnight on Friday 4/10
• Vocab.com: Modeling Solar Properties Due Sunday 4/12 by midnight
• Achieve 3000: Pluto: Full of Surprises (Activity) due Sunday 4/12 by midnight as always the Stretch Activity is extra credit. The Activity must be done along with the Stretch Activity for extra credit to be earned.
• CANVAS Quiz:Evaluate- Stars Due Friday 4/17 by midnight.
• Achieve 3000: Dawn Reaches Dwarf Planet (Activity & Stretch Activity) Due Sunday 4/19 by midnight. The Activity must be done along with the Stretch Activity for extra credit to be earned.
• CANVAS C.A.R.E. Assessment 11 Astronomical Bodies (Revised) Due Sunday 4/19 by midnight.
Assignments for the Week of 4/20/2020
- Visit my web page and read through the Class Notes for Module 13
- In the StemScopes application read and complete StemScopedia 8.E 5.9 Earth, Sun, and Moon, Due Friday 4/24 by midnight
- In the StemScopes application complete the Concept Attainment Quiz 8.E 5.9 Earth, Sun, and Moon, Due Sunday 4/26 by midnight
- Vocab.com: Earth, Sun, & Moon, Due Sunday 5/3 by midnight
Assignments for the Week of 4/27/2020
• Reread through the Class Notes for Module 13
• StemScopes: Reading Science A — Rotation and Revolution (Periods 1,2,4,7, & 8) or Reading Science B — Rotation and Revolution (Periods 5 & 6), Due Friday 5/1 by midnight
• Achieve 3000: A Wonder in the Sky Activity & Stretch Activity (Extra Credit), Due Sunday 5/3 by midnight
• Achieve 3000: The Cold, Cold Moon Activity & Stretch Activity (Extra Credit), Due Sunday 5/3 by midnight
• Vocab.com: Earth, Sun, & Moon, Due Sunday 5/3 by midnight
Assignments for the Week of 5/4/2020
- Reread through the notes on my web page at https://davisse.educatorpages.com/pages/class-notes-for-module-13
- Complete CANVAS Quiz: Evaluate- Earth's Days, Years, and Seasons Due Fri. 5/8
- Complete CANVAS Quiz: Evaluate- Moon Phases and Eclipse Due Fri. 5/8
- Complete CANVAS Quiz: Evaluate- Tides Due Sun. 5/10
- Achieve 3000: Old Machine, New Answers (Activity) Due Sun. 5/17
- Achieve 3000: To the Moon and Beyond (Activity) Due Sun. 5/17
Assignments for the Week of 5/11/2020
- Complete Achieve 3000: Both are due by Sunday 5/17
- Old Machine, New Answers
- To the Moon and Beyond
- Complete Module Assessment- The Earth-Moon-Sun System using the notes on
- This quiz is due by Sunday 5/17
Assignments for the Week of 5/18/2020
Only 2 more weeks!
Please review the notes before trying to take the test, you will need them.
- CANVAS: C.A.R.E. Assessment 12 Seasons-Moon Phases (Revised) is due Sunday 5/24/2020 by midnight
- Achieve 3000: Staying Strong in Space is due Sunday 5/24/2020 by midnight. As always, the stretch activity is extra credit
* If you are missing grades for any assignments, please complete them and then send me an email with the name of the assignment(s) completed, so I can update your grade.
Assignments for the Week of 5/26/2020
Both are due by Sunday 5/31/2020.
Last Chance For Extra Credit!!
1) Achieve 3000: A New Space Plan
2) Achieve 3000: Venus? Maybe Later.
No work will be accepted after Tuesday 6/2/2020