My vision as a teacher is to have each and every student achieve his or her individual potential in a safe, positive and nurturing environment.
My mission is to maximize the opportunities for students to acquire new knowledge.
- Teachers must create a positive classroom climate that will foster respect, dignity, trust, and participation.
- Students want to learn and have the right and responsibility to do so.
- Each student and teacher has the responsibility to respect the right of others to learn.
- Learning should be enjoyable, rewarding and meaningful lifelong experiences.
- Classroom management should be preventative, not reactive.
- Reflection should be an integral component in my development as a teacher.