What is Digital Citizenship?
When talking to an average person or students, they may have never encountered the term "digital citizenship." If that is true, there will be multiple videos and resources provided below that will help reach citizens and students in understanding what a digital citizen is.
It is very important that students and parents are equally aware of digital citizenship within the classroom. There are resources below that ensure that both parents and students understand the elements of digital citizenship before students begin use of technology in a classroom.
The 9 Elements of Digital Citizenship are listed below:
- Digital Access
- Digital Commerce
- Digital Communication
- Digital Literacy
- Digital Etiquette
- Digital Law
- Digital Health & Wellness
- Digital Security
You can use the following link to read the 9 elements in greater depth: www.digitalcitizenship.net/nine-elements.html
(Click the title to be redirected to the resource)
(Click the title to be redirected to the video)
- 11 Video clipart animation movie for free download on YA-webdesign. (n.d.). Retrieved January 26, 2019, from https://ya-webdesign.com/explore/video-clipart-animation-movie/
- Be a digital citizen! (2014, December 20). Retrieved from https://www.smore.com/53cm8-be-a-digital-citizen
- Nine Elements. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.digitalcitizenship.net/nine-elements.html
- Whiting, J. (2016, September 23). New Digital Citizenship Posters. Retrieved January 26, 2019, from https://www.graniteschools.org/edtech/2016/09/digital-citizenship-posters/