|1||1. Name 3 dreams or goals that you have for this school year or your life.
2. Write out a plan to reach 1 of those goals.
|What is the purpose of school?||8/20|
|3||List 3 things that you believe scientists and engineers do||8/25|
|4||Watch the following video and write down all the science practices that were used by the scientists||8/27|
• Analyze the picture and list 3 hypotheses that could explain why the current range of sea otters is smaller than the historical range.
|6||1. Write a definition for Ecology
2. Write a definition for an ecosystem
3. Draw a picture of an ecosystem
|7||1. Describe an Ecosystem in California
2. Describe what you think the picture below means:
|8||1. How could a change in an ecosystem affect your life? Describe the chain reaction.
2. What happens to Kelp when Sea Otter populations decline?
Observation: Dr. Haynes came home from work and found the carpet in her hallway wet.
1. Design/Plan an Investigation for the following 2 hypotheses:
2. Explain what the 2 following results would mean.
List the information that we need to know in order to determine if Killer Whales could be the cause of the disappearance of 40,000 sea Otters.
|11||Draw a diagram that explains how Kelp, Otters, Sea urchins and Killer Whales interact.
|12||Do you believe that the Earth can handle10 billion people? Why or why not?
What could limit the growth of the human population?