DEAR FOURTH GRADER,
Hi! My name is Dr. Jackson, and I will be your fourth grade teacher this year at International Studies Elementary Charter School. I am so excited that you will be in my class this year! I can't wait to meet you and start our year together. I know you are going to love fourth grade.
Our classroom is a very busy place to learn. Your help will be needed throughout the school year and room moms are also needed and very much appreciated.
Our classroom environment is structured by a variety of hands-on learning activities, games and learning centers.
Communication is essential and I will be communicating on this website about what we are doing in school. This website will include weekly updates, pictures, helpful resources and see everything that we are doing. In addition to that, we will be using Remind App which is is an app that you can access send and receive pictures and messages about your child's work and behavior.
Please feel free to contact me at school through a note, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or call me at school (229) 431-3384. I welcome your thoughts and am looking forward to working together to makefourth grade a successful year!
CLASSROOM BEHAVIOR PLAN
We will use an Essential Agreements. Student must follow all rules. Failure to comply will lead to phone calls home and/or office referrals.
Each week students will bring home a "homework folder" which they will have activities to complete.
Homework will be given Monday through Thursday, and sometimes on the weekend.
Parents can donate snacks such as fruit, goldfish crackers, pretzels, chips, cookies, candy, juices, water, etc. These items will be use for incentives and rewards for positive actions throughout the week.
- 4-#2 pencils daily (no mechanical pencils and refills)
- 2-pens (Blue, Black or Green)
- 8-glue Sticks
- 4-boxes of Kleenex
- 3-large bottles of Sanitizer
- 1-bottle of Liquid Soap
- 10-plastic folders (red, blue, yellow, green, orange, purple)
- 6-packs of notebook paper (wide rule)
- 2-packages of assorted Dry Erase Markers
- 2-pairs of scissors (blunt) 3-packages of copier paper
- 2-Containers of Clorox Wipes 1-roll of paper towels
- 2-boxes of 8 markers 1-box of crayons
- 3-boxes of Ziploc bags (pint, quart, and gallon)
- 1-protractor 1-package of large graph paper (4x4 quad)
- 1-pack of 4 yellow highlighters
- 1-marble composition notebook (no spiral notebooks)
I look forward to working with you in our fourth grade classroom!
Your new teacher,