Chapter 1-2 Driving is Privilege
Privilege-is a benefit or a favor
Natural Right-is something that virtually every society has determined belongs to all people. (Right to Live)
Constitutional Rights-is one that society has determined, through its constitution or laws, that a person has by virtue of being a member of that society. (right to etc)
1. Driving is a Responsibility
2. Your Legal duties
3. Your financial Obligations
4. Courtesy of others
5. Protecting your passengers
6. Knowing your vehicle
7. Being ready to drive
Chapter 1-3 The Highway Transportation System
HTS-is part of our interconnected North American transportation system, which includes rail, air, sea, underground and and pedestrian traffic, as well as motor-vehicle transportation.
Most important component is the motor vehicle.
Purpose- is to move people and goods in a safe, efficient and timely manner with a minimum bother.
Three main components of the HTS is
- Roadways (8-lane interstate to dirt roads)
- Free or toll
- Vehicles (lightweight children’s bicycles to tractor trailer trucks)
- People (Young kids-quick reflexes to Old generation-slow to no reflexes)
Law Enforcement is responsible to enforce the laws of the road.