Here are some of the curriculum outcomes that you child will be learning during this course. An online copy of the Newfoundland Curriculum Guide for Français 3202 can be accessed at http://www.ed.gov.nl.ca/edu/k12/french/immersion/francais/index.html
I. Students will be expected to communicate for different purposes
Key Stage Outcomes : Specific Outcomes :
1. Engage the imagnination of entertain (Poétique/Ludique) : - Give the ending to a story or poem
- Relate a story (eg. adventure, ghost story, romance
- Express imaginatively personal thoughts and feelings (eg.
poems, and short plays or skits)
- Examine themes in literary works (eg. novels, plays, poems)
2. Share factual information (Informatif) : - Report an event (eg. school assembly, a catastrophy, or
- Report a classroom experience (eg. summary of a class discussion, a lab experiment or a book).
- Examine reports (eg. documentaries, news reports).
3. Share opinions of feelings (Expressif) : - Express views about an issue (eg. letter to the editor of a
- Record thoughts, feelings, opinions and interests through
journals and reponses to literature.
- Persuade or argue a case (eg. letters of opinion, essay
justifying an opinion)
- Examine arguements or postions (eg. in newspaper articles,
audio and video recordings).
4. Convince or incite someone to act (Incitatif) - Explain instructions or directions using sketches, diagrams,
charts or maps.
- Create publicity that includes visual images when
- Speak and write to get action on an issue (eg. safety issue,
Gouvernement de Terre-Neuve et du Labrador Ministere de l'Education Division de l'Elaboraion des Programmes. Arts Langagiers Français 1202-2202-3202 Programme d'etudes. (n.d). Retreived from : http://www.ed.gov.nl.ca/edu/k12/french/immersion/francais/index.html