CADD Technology Program Philosophy
The philosophy of the Connecticut Technical High School’s Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) Technology program is to provide our students with theoretical knowledge, analytical problems solving, and application skills necessary for entry-level employment in the ever-changing engineering environment and preparation for post secondary education. This philosophy is put into effect using a competency-based curriculum and comprehensive work based learning that provides options and alternatives for learning; and is designed to accommodate varying types of gifts, talents, strengths, needs, and interests.
CADD Technology Program Goals
- Identify career options related to computer aided drafting, demonstrate acceptable workplace readiness and interpersonal skills.
- Understand common drafting, computer-aided design (CAD), and manufacturing methods and processes.
- Understand and demonstrate the use of 2D and 3D drafting programs.
- Interpret and create engineering drawings based on industry-recognized standards.
- Secure an entry-level position related to computer aided drafting and design technology and/or pursue education at the post secondary level.