Here are some research questions to find the answer to about mummification:
- What exactly is mummification?
- What conditions cause this to happen?
- How do people historically cause mummfication to occur?
- Does mummification occur naturally? How?
Nat Geo How to make a mummy
scientific American Science Behind mummification
History Mummies in Ancient Egypt
What is Desiccation?
Lego gummy mummies ( make it your own)
Some questions to help with your research:
- What are the parts of an egg?
- What happens when eggs are boiled? cooked?
- What are suggested methods to peel an egg easily?
- What is the nutritional value of eggs?
Why do eggs "hard boil"?
The science Behind boiling an egg
structure of an egg
exporatorium -structure of an egg
Cook's illustrated: Easy Peel Hard cooked eggs
Science of cooking : boiled eggs
Science Friday -1,2,3's of hardcooked eggs
Questions to help with research:
- What is light?
- How does light move?
- What affects the speed of light?
The speed of light and the index of refraction
Law of refraction sample project
Optics for kids, Snell's law, reflection, refraction
The physics classroom: Snell's La
Physics 4Kids optics. with video
International year of light-light in nature
How stuff works-Rainbows
Science Learning Hub: Refraction of light
questions to help with research
- What laws are there about public drinking water?
- What are benefits of drinking water?
- What is the optimal temperature that water should be for drinking?
- Where does the water fountain water come from?
- How can drinking water be tested? What should it be tested for?
PBS;Water treatment plant video
CDC: benefits and access to drinking water
Safe water in schools
drinking fountains and public health
CDC safe drinking water act
science news for kids: Analyze this
drinking water for kids
water facts for kids
chart of safe levels
More information on WATER IN YOUR BODY- HYDRATION
FABRIC ABSORBENCY AND WALKING WATER
Questions to help with research:
- Why do materials absorb?
- What is the difference between natural fibers and synthetic fibrers?
- How does absorpency happen?
- Do all materials absorb the same? Do all materials absorb the same?
science direct-fabric absorbence
various fabrics and characteristics
Why is cotton absorbent?
How stuff works-why is cotton more absorbent than nylon?
UCSB science line -How does water affect fabric
Useful bit of info focus on reuseable diapers
types of fibers and characteristics
cotton vs synthetic fibers-characteristics
absorbent fabric in textile industry
beakerlife: walking water rainbow (must make it an experiment with variables!)
How do papertowels absorb water?
What is capillary action
cohesion and adhesion
Questions for research;
- What is the history of parachutes?
- How do parachutes work?
- What are the types and parts of a parachute?
- What materials are parachutes made of?
- What are the uses for parachutes?
Explain that stuff-how do parachutes work
kinooze-how does a parachute work?
parachute information history, types etc
GCSE Science; how forces affect skydiver video
scientific american -skydiving science
sciencing -parachute uses today
NASA video on parachute
Kids Discover: Parachutes, gravity and air pressure
questions about skyscrapers to answer:
- What exactly is a skyscraper?
- What are the oldest, tallest, longest lasting skyscrapers?
- What are the styles of skyscrapers?
- What materials are skyscrapers made of?
- How are skyscrapers built?
how stuff works-skyscrapers
How stuff works-sky scrapers + wind resistance
crazy physics behind why skyscrapers keep breaking records
how do skyscrapers work?
how tall builidings tame the wind. video
How it works-skyscraper-video
skyscraper shapes and wind forces project
interesting video on skyscrapers and history
Geometry and form in tall buildings-advanced but has diagrams
BALL BOUNCE SCIENCE
- How do balls bounce?
- What are balls made of?
- What is potential and kinetic energy?
- How are balls different from each other?
Khan Academy: The science of bouncing video
Sport Rec-Why do balls bounce differently?
Physics Central: Bouncing Ball
Science Made fun: Science of Basketball
possible research Questions:
- Why do fruits/vegetables turn brown?
- What is oxidation?
- Which fruits/vegetables turn brown?
- Can the brown hurt you?
- What are the suggested methods for preventing browning?
Brittanica - Why do Apples turn brown?
Scientific American: Why cut apples turn brown?
LEAF How to stop Fruit vegetable oxidation
scientificamerican: Enzymatic Browning
LOVE FOOD-enzymic Browning
Questions for research:
- What is a pendulum? Parts of a pendulum?
- What are the different types of pendulums?
- What is the History of pendulums?
- What are the uses of pendulums?
- How does a pendulum work?
Sciencing; Why does a pendulum swing?
Sciencing: types of pendulums
Mr. Wizard-How does a pendulum work? Video
Science online: Pendulum and Galileo
science buddies: Pendulums
Berkely: Astrology, is it scientific?
Space.com Constellations, Zodiac Constellation names
Space.com Constellations and the calendar
Science explorer: Is there any science behind astrology
Astrological Zodiac Traits/ Sun Sign Personalities
Lumen Learning: Astrology and Astronomy
Lesley University: The science of personality development
SALT AND BOILING WATER
- Why does water boil?
- What causes water to boil?
- What happens when something boils?
- How can the boiling point of water be changed?
Moomoo math &science-Boiling point and melting point physical properties
Ducksters -solutions and dissolving
Chem4kids: Changes in states of matter
Sciencing: Factors that affect the boiling point
Liquid SURFACE TENSION
- What is cohesion?
- What is adhesion?
- Why are particles
- Where does surface tension happen outside of the science room?
Science news for kids: Scientists Say surface tension
USGS Surface tension and Water
Amoeba Sisters: Properties of water
Surface tension: Why are drops spherical? video
- What is heat? What is temperature?
- How does heat move (heat transfer)?
- What are insulators and conductors?
- What materials can stop heat from moving?
- What is ice?
Cool kid facts: heat
Scientific American: thermal insulation
Real world physics problems: Heat transfer
Kids Science: Heat conductors and insulators
CK12: thermal insulators and conductors
Sciencing: Best insulators to keep water hot
Kids Discover: heat, cold and energy: the science of ice
Flight Literacy: Altitudes affect on...
University of Illinois: Physics of baseball
effects of altitude on a baseball pitch
relationship between runs scored and stadium elevationn
Power of Suggestion