It's time for another day of Distance Learning! You're doing great!!!
Your Upper Elementary Team
Today you will read an article that reveals secrets about the Statue of Liberty. When you are finished reading, answer the following questions.
1. List the 5 secrets that the article reveals.
2. Why do you think the Statue of Liberty arrived in pieces instead of all put together?
3. Why is the statue green?
4. Which fact was the most interesting to you?
Here's today's reading! :)
Continue working on your vocabulary log. Remember to choose one of the following choices.
1. You can make your own vocabulary log with paper. Be sure to include the word, definition, a sentences using your word, and a picture of your word.
2. You can create a document that includes all 10 words to share with me. You can type your word, the definition, a sentence using your word, and you can use clipart for the picture of your word.
Have fun learning the next set of words. We will have a quiz on them in a few weeks.
cordial- warm and friendly
Today you're going to be free writing! Practice strong sentence fluency by using a variety of simple, compound, and complex sentences. Try your best to avoid fragments and run-ons. Your story can be fiction or non-fiction, but it needs to be at least 3 paragraphs. If you struggle to get started with your writing, you should first decide if you want to do write a fiction or non-fiction piece. If you decide on fiction, select characters, a setting, a problem, and a solution. If you select non-fiction, consider the main person or event you're writing about, when it happened, why it happened, and/or other important details regaurding that topic.
Select another fun activity to complete with this week's spelling words. Remember, it is unit 27, and your test is on Thursday. :)
Tuesday Spiral: https://forms.gle/TUVNyytkrhG1a3x8A
Grab a bible or google.
Find a verse that summarizes this person's life.
1 Peter 2:1
S = Scripture
Write out the verse 3 times
Each week you will choose a different option to complete from the choice board. Don't forget to add what choice you complete to your music google classroom. Mrs. Farr can't wait to see what you choose to do.
Hi friends, I sure do miss you all so much! I hope you are having fun at home. Make sure you are getting 60 minutes of physical activity each day. This week I have included a fitness bingo game for you to try. You can do this by yourself or play a game with your family.