If you miss the vocabulary video for the week, you are still responsible for turning in a TOD. Please see your teacher for a make-up TOD and use this page to write down the words and definitions.
Be sure to study your lists for your quizzes and tests!
Unit 15 Accelerated- Positive Qualities and Actions
1. cherubic (adj.)- sweet and innocent –looking
2. demure (adj.)- characterized by shyness and modesty
3. unflinching (adj.)- calm; steady-handed
4. diligent (adj.)- constant in effort to accomplish something
5. invincible (adj.)- incapable of being conquered
6. sprightly (adj.)- animated and vivacious: lively
7. stalwart (adj.)- strongly and stoutly built
8. adherent (adj.)- following or upholding a leader or cause; supportive
9. exonerate (v.)- to clear, as of an accusation; free from guilt or blame; release
10. succor (n.)- help; relief; aid; assistance
Commonly Confused Words
Whose- of or relating to “who”; shows possession
Whose coat is this?
Who’s- the contraction for “who is”
Who’s going to be at the party?