If you miss the vocabulary video for the week, you are still responsible for turning in a TOD. Please see your teacher for a make-up TOD and use this page to write down the words and definitions.
Be sure to study your lists for your quizzes and tests!
Unit 15- Positive Qualities or Actions
1. longevity (n.)- long individual life
2. finesse (n.)- extreme delicacy in action, performance, or taste
3. prodigy (n.)- person having extraordinary talent
4. whimsical (adj.)- unpredictable
5. gallantry (n.)- dashing courage; heroic bravery; noble-minded behavior
6. gratify (v.)- satisfying desires or humoring inclinations or feelings
7. sinew (n.)- the source of strenth, power, or vigor
8. enthusiast (n.)- a person who is filled with enthusiasm for something
9. liberate (v.)- to set free, as from imprisonment or bondage
10. ameliorate (v.)- to make or become better or more bearable
Commonly Confused Words
Whose- of or relating to “who”; shows possession
Whose coat is this?
Who’s- the contraction for “who is”
Who’s going to be at the party?