In order to create the best learning environment for EVERYONE I have a few class rules that you and I will both be held to...
Students Expectations. . .
- Treat your peers and teachers with respect at all times.
- Be considerate & respectful of others and their belongs.
- Keep your hands & feet to yourself and remember everyone has their own bubble.
- Follow directions.
- Use inside voice.
Teacher Expectations. . .
- Create a fair and safe classroom atmosphere in which students will feel free to share their ideas and ask questions.
- Maintain an environment conductive to learning (limited distractions).
- Discover and work towards improving individual students strengths.
- Be available to students before and after school for extra help.
- Work towards making learning not only interesting but also meaningful beyond the classroom.
Consequences not Punishments. . .
Each student is responsible for their behavior therefore if he or she breaks any classroom expectations there will be consequences.
Strike 1: Verbal Warning
Strike 2: Written note home documenting broken rule, requesting parent(s)/guardian signature.
Strike 3: Dean’s referral and student must make up missed class assignments during lunchtime.