A Circle of Friends
We've joined together as classmates
as the new year begins...
A year full of learning
while we become friends.
We'll share and be kind
as we work and play.
And our friendship will grow
with each passing day.
Activities for the poem of the week:
1. Practise reading this poem with fluency and expression.
2. Find out what the "..." is called and tell why it is in the poem.
3. Find the contractions in the poem and tell the two words that make up each contraction.
4. Write three things you hope to learn this year.
5. Challenge yourself to write down all the names of your classmates. Did you remember everybody?