-Best of both worlds (2-D & 3-D), even though the material is predominately clay, this medium still allows for drawing and painting (while planning & surface treatment)
- Many experiments take place in ceramics (a surprise after firing)
-It’s very tactile
- Material that has allowed civilization to progress – from as early as 6,000-4000 BC & even today –
· Become familiar with terms such as: Highlight, Light, Shadow, Core of Shadow, Shadow, Reflected Light and Cast Shadow - the 7 basic parts of a shadow (hard edged division)
· Drawing of at lease three different shapes: sphere, cube, cone, pyramid, etc.
- Origins of Clay
- Clay stages
- one with your name
- one with a Monogram you designed to represent your name
- one must be recessed and the other one must stick out.
- one rolling stamp
- Also go over decorating techniques especially for relief.
- Color wheel
-Create a piece similar in style as ceramic artist
10. Greek Narrative Vase
- made by coils and cardboard template
11. Ceramic Mold
12. Pottery’s Wheel
13. Social Issue Tea Set