Class Procedures Class FolderEach day your child will bring home a folder that contains his or her days work as well as any school or class notes. Please review your child’s work and then empty it so that it can be brought back to school in your child’s backpack every day. Rest TimeWe would like to provide a rest time each day for the students up until December. We realize this may not be possible everyday, however, we would like for your child to bring in a towel. It will be returned periodically to be washed. Lunch MoneyIf your child is going to eat a school lunch, I recommend that you purchase a ten meal ticket for $15.00 (lunches this year are $1.50 each). Even if your child wants to bring his/her lunch during the week, it is still better if they can purchase a meal ticket rather than bringing money to school each day. (I will not give them their ticket on days they bring a lunch from home.) HomeworkI will be giving homework assignments beginning in September. Written homework assignments should be completed and then reviewed by a parent, then placed in the child’s folder and returned on the date provided. Please return folders each day. Snack TimeSince we eat lunch early, we will NOT be having snack time. Please do not send individual snacks/drinks with your child to school. Most days I will give the students a small snack at the end of the day. If you would like to send in a large box of cookies or crackers for your child to share with the class, if would be appreciated. Star of the WeekPlease fill out with your child, the paper attached. On Mondays I will be randomly choosing a “Star of the Week” and sharing this information with the class. Kindergarten RemindersThe following information will help make things run smoothly. Please keep this where you will be able to refer to it during the school year.
- If your child is buying lunch, please send $15.00 for 10 meals. Lunchtime is from 10:36 to 11:06.
- Anytime you send money to school please put it in an envelope and mark it with your child’s name and the purpose of the money.
- It is important for your child to arrive at school on time. The students should be in the gym by 7:40. They will be supervised by Sharla Padgett and Joanne Brown. I will pick them up and escort them to the classroom.
- Students will be escorted from the classroom to the pick-up area or bus loop at dismissal (2:10pm). If you are picking up your child please meet them at the pick-up area. Do not come or have older siblings come to the classroom.
- If you pick your child up before 2:10, you must sign them out at the office. Someone will call the classroom and your child will be released from class. All visitors to West must report to the office for a visitors pass before coming on campus.
- If it is necessary to change your child’s transportation, even if it is just for one day, please notify me in writing or call the office by 1:30pm. No changes I transportation can be made without notification from a parent. Please have your child wear the nametag showing transportation for the entire first week of school.
- You may arrange for a conference any day after 2:15. Please call or write ahead of time to make arrangements.
- If you would like to celebrate your child’s birthday at school, please let me know at least 3-4 days in advance.