Kalakaua Middle School strives to prepare students to be productive members of society.
The Kalakaua Middle School community assumes res- ponsibility for creating a learning environment that recognizes, challenges, and fulfills the unique academic, social, and emotional needs of adolescents to help them achieve their highest potential.
General Learner Outcomes (GLOs)
The essential goals of standards-based learning for students in all grade levels:
- GLO 1: Self-Directed Learner Takes responsibility for one's own learning
- GLO 2: Community Contributor Understands that people must work together
- GLO 3: Complex Thinker Engages in complex thinking and problem- solving
- GLO 4: Quality Producer Recognizes and produces quality work
- GLO 5: Effective Communicator Communicates effectively in all situations
- GLO 6: Effective and Ethical User of Technology Uses technology effectively and ethically