My name is Nathan Elliott, and I teach mathematics at Slocomb Hgh School in Slocomb, Alabama. I teach Juniors and Seniors in the subjects of Algebra 2 and Algebraic Connections. My first year of fulltime teaching was the 2018-2019 school year. I will be returning to Slocomb High School for my second year of teaching in August 2019. I am currently in graduate school at The University of West Alabama in Livingston, Alabama, as an online student. I am working toward a Master of Arts in Teaching degree in the Alternative "A" program in Secondary Mathematics.
ABOUT THIS WEBSITE
This website is a Digital Citizenship assignment in partial fulfillment of the requrements for my ED 505 Technology and Education class at West Alabama. This website is created for use by K-12 administrators, teachers, and students their parents. I have also included some things related to my classroom setting at Slocomb High School. The theme of this website is "Digital Citizenship." Topics related to Digital Citizenship are included in this website. This website will answer the following questions and address the following topics:
- What is Digital Citizenship?
- What is Netiquette? What are social networking and cyberbullying policies?
- What should students do to be safe when using email and the Internet?
- What are copyright, plagiarism and Fair Use? Resources on how to cite sources and avoid plagiarism are included on the website.
- How do you ensure equitable digital access in your classroom?
- Classroom Technology Rules
- Acceptable Technology Use Policy (including examples/resources for students and parents to sign an AUP contract)
What Kind of Digital Citizen are You? Image retrieved from https://www.bing.com/images/search and http://digcitutah.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/what-kind-of-digital-citizen-are-you.png