My Favourite Rainy Day Activities for Early Years Classes
I love outdoor play, but during the rainy season and winter, I have some go-to options for excited little learners. Here they are!
- Build towers with blocks, toys, boxes, or any stackables you have. This is great for fine motor skills and learning about shapes. Have a contest of the tallest,
- How about a guessing game? I like to challenge little ones with their reasoning and observation skills with a picture guessing game like this one.
- If the weather is stormy outside, you could teach children about the science of weather. Learn about rain and the seasons together.
- Arts and crafts always go down well, since they are hands-on and creative. How about making some adorable woodland animals from paper?
- Hide objects around the classroom and have a scavenger hunt, encouraging kids to work together.
- Build a blanket fort and watch a family movie or educational TV show. How about an inspiring nature documentary?
I'll add more as I think of them, enjoy those cosy days indoors together.