Click on any subject below to find safe, educational websites that correspond to our curriculum
|Social Studies||Science||Math||Language Arts||Testing||Technology|
|Social Studies - Gr. 3||Living Things||General Science||
|Creative Writing||MCAS Practice||Whiteboard Activities|
|Moon||Area and Perimeter||Reading||
|United States Geography||Genetics||Electricity||Fractions||Greek Mythology||Search Engines|
|Immigration||Insects||Simple Machines||Grade 1 Math Practice||Cybersmart Curriculum|
|Matter||Water Cycle||Math||MISC||Technology Lessons|
|Landforms||Rocks and Minerals||Energy||Math Facts||Holiday|
|Constitution Day||Space||Life Cycle||Simple Subtraction||ESL|
Grade 2 Math
|*Food Survey*||Health||Science Sites for Teachers||Enrichment||Cyber Bullying||
Teacher Resource Page
Circuit Builder A virtual space to build a circuit.
Learning Electricity & Circuits Interactive activity with worksheet and quiz.
BrainPop Another great movie and activity.
Revise Wise Great information with activity, worksheets and quizzes.
Teach-nology Scroll through these options to find print-outs for your bulletin board, information on electricity and magnetism, worksheets, and downloads.
Electric Plant-Virtual Tour Take a virtual tour of an electric plant to see how electricity is made.
The Blobz Guide to Electric Circuits A wonderful place for kids to learn about electricity, circuits, switches and more. First you take a tour, then complete an online activity and finally take a quiz.
Energyquest A great site with information, games and more!
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Listen to Eric Carle read his famous story
Life Cycle of a Butterfly Click on the links to learn about the life cycle of a butterfly
Life Cycle Game See if you can complete the life cycle!
Life Cycle of Butterfly You Tube Puppet Show
1. Houghton Mifflin Education Place - http://www.eduplace.com/edugames.html - Language arts games from Houghton Mifflin – Grades 2 – 5
2. Game Goo - http://www.earobics.com/gamegoo/gooey.html - Language Arts - Lots of interesting games for grades 1 - 3
3. Reading Is Fundamental - http://www.rif.org/assets/Documents/readingplanet/ReadAloud_Stories/TheBlueLinedSocks.html - Read aloud Story for Read Across America
4. Storyline - http://www.storylineonline.net/ - Awesome little site that has stories read by famous people.
5. Clifford Online - http://teacher.scholastic.com/clifford1/ - Clifford the Big Red Dog stories read online
6. Read, Write, and Think Activities - http://www.readwritethink.org/student_mat/index.asp - excellent activities for all grade levels
1. Fun Math Lessons - http://math.rice.edu/~lanius/Lessons/ - Rice University with Cynthis Lanius
2. Explore Your Knowledge - http://nces.ed.gov/nceskids/eyk/index.asp?flash=true – a math quiz that allows you to compare your score with students around the world
3. National Library of Virtual Manipulatives - http://nlvm.usu.edu/en/nav/topic_t_3.html - has 65 interactive math games and exercises tied to the NCTM st
4. Multiplication Games - http://www.multiplication.com/interactive_games.htm - variety of games to practice facts
6. Flitting With Fractions - http://www.learningmedia.co.nz/sites/all/modules/filemanager/files/Online%20Activities/flitting_with_fractions/index.php - basic beginning fraction game
7. Budgie Buying - http://www.learningmedia.co.nz/sites/all/modules/filemanager/files/Online%20Activities/budgie_buying/swf.htm - great problem solving game with money
8. I Know That - http://www.iknowthat.com/com/L3?Area=GeometryWorkbench - great site for geometry review - includes flips, slides, and turns
10. Guess My Number - http://www.bgfl.org/bgfl/custom/resources_ftp/client_ftp/ks2/maths/guess_my_number_100/index.htm# - great number sense game for the younger children
11. Math Playground - http://www.mathplayground.com/ - Interactive math games for grades 3 - 5
12. Mavis Math Mysteries - http://teacher.scholastic.com/maven/index.htm - Test math skills and crack the cases. There are multiple math activities grouped according to skill and difficulty.
13. Pattern Blocks Activity - http://illuminations.nctm.org/ActivityDetail.aspx?ID=27 - Great interactive pattern blocks for reviewing symmetry and shapes
14. AAA Math - http://www.aaaknow.com/ - this sight has practice on a multitude of math skills divided up into grade levels
15. Math Is Fun - http://www.mathisfun.com/ Great for homework help - (Thank you Mrs. Bouressa)
MCAS SCIENCE REVIEW - http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks2/science/
Science Site - http://ology.amnh.org/ - excellent plate tectonics, rocks, moon phases, genetics
Edheads - http://www.edheads.org/ - Great site for simple/ compound machines, weather, surgery (Grades 3 - 5)
1. Democracy Project - http://pbskids.org/democracy/ - has many parts including President for a Day and an excellent explanation of how local government works
2. Mayflower Project - http://teacher.scholastic.com/thanksgiving/- an excellent field trip to the Mayflower
3. Plimoth Plantation - You Are the Historian - http://www.plimoth.org/learn/MRL/interact/thanksgiving-interactive-you-are-historian - This site gives students a true explanation of the first Harvest Celebration
4. Life in 1620 - http://teacher.scholastic.com/thanksgiving/daily_life/index.htm This site allows the children to compare and contrast an early colonists life and a Wampanoag's life in 1620
9. Be a Powder Monkey - http://www.webrangers.us/activities/powdermonkey/?id=19
10. Webrangers History Activities - http://www.webrangers.us/search.cfm?search=History&Submit=Search&t=973
1. Revise Wise - http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks2/science/living_things/ Excellent interactive on what makes a living thing and classification.
2 Animal Games- http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/content/animals/kidscorner/kidscorner_games.htm -Excellent games about anumals and classifications
3. Sort It Out - http://www.teachersdomain.org/asset/lsps07_int_animalclass/ - Short movies and quiz on animals to test classification and observation skills. Also has a very unusual Venn diagram
4. Living Things - http://www.sciencenetlinks.com/interactives/class.html - Interactive Game that allows you to learn about characteristics of Living Things.
5. A Day in the Life of a Sand Lizard Game - http://www.arkive.org/education/games - Excellent interactive game on animal survival
6. Animal Habitat Game – Save the Black Footed Ferret – http://www.arkive.org/education/games
2. Scholastic Animal Adaptations - http://teacher.scholastic.com/dirtrep/animal/invest.htm - teacher directed, animals: shark, artic fox, raccoon, and bear
3. Animal Adaptations E-Safari - http://www.fen.com/studentactivities/CCCNet/sciencelab/Animals/AnimalAdapts.html - good interactive lesson explaining adaptations with worksheet…children look for specific answers to adaptation questions
4. Camouflage Field Book - http://www.harcourtschool.com/activity/camouflage/camouflage.html - short interactive activity that shows how animals are camouflaged in different environments
5. Fantastic Forest - http://magma.nationalgeographic.com/ngexplorer/0201/adventures/ - Neat interactive forest in which you find 18 animals
6. Habitat Game - http://www.abpischools.org.uk/page/modules/human_animal_habitats/activity.cfm?coSiteNavigation_allTopic=1 – Very cool habitat game that discusses adaptations
7. Darwin and Animal Adaptations - http://teacher.scholastic.com/activities/explorations/adaptation/index.htm - Small web quest that allows the students to become naturalists and investigate an animal clues.
8. Creature Feature - http://www.nationalgeographic.com/kids/creature_feature/archive/
1. Life Cycles - http://archive.fossweb.com/modules3-6/StructuresofLife/index.html - Neat interactve game that allows students to put life cycles in order...butterfly, ladybug, fern, and mosquito
1. Food Webs - http://www.harcourtschool.com/activity/food/food_menu.html - quick activity that allows you to create three food webs
2. Interdependence and Adaptation - http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/scienceclips/ages/10_11/interdependence.shtml - Sorting activity and creation of two food webs
1. Solids, Liquid, Gas - http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/scienceclips/ages/8_9/solid_liquids.shtml - a science clip to show changes of state
2. Harcourt School - States of Matter - http://www.harcourtschool.com/activity/states_of_matter/index.html - Simple interactive to show the three states of matter
3. Materials - http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks2/science/materials/ - Nice little interactive with an activity, quiz, and worksheet
4. Quia - Quiz Sates of Matter http://www.quia.com/servlets/quia.activities.common.ActivityPlayer?AP_rand=1449595766&AP_activityType=10&AP_urlId=38085&AP_continuePlay=true&id=38085 – States of Matter Millionaire game
5. Abpischools - Solids, Liquids, Gases - http://www.abpischools.org.uk/page/modules/solids-liquids-gases/?age=Age Range 7-11&subject=Science little movies about solids, liquids, and gases
6. Ippex interactive Matter - http://ippex.pppl.gov/interactive/matter/ - advanced interactive on matter. More fifth grade.
1. Fossil Web - Human Body - http://archive.fossweb.com/modules3-6/HumanBody/index.html - Put the skeleton together.
2. Kid's Health - http://kidshealth.org/kid/closet/movies/how_the_body_works_interim.html - Excellent site with movies about all the body systems
3. Energy Challenge - http://www.abpischools.org.uk/page/modules/energychallenge/index.cfm – find out how much energy is in the food that you eat.
4. Kids Health - http://www.kidshealth.org/kid/ - very extensive site on kids health including the body, feelings, exercise and nutrition
5. Kidnectic - http://www.kidnetic.com/Innerg/ - Click on the body part, drag it into the body, and learn about it game.
6. My Pyramid Game - http://www.fns.usda.gov/multimedia/games/blastoff/blastoff_game.html-
Science Visualizations: A wonderful set of short animations and videos coving many science topics
Discover Primary Science Movie clips, interactive games & activities.
Engineering Interact Interactive science & engineering activities. Topics include electricity, light, sound & forces in motion. A great site for MCAS review
BBC Revise Wise Science - Grades 4-5 Each of the topics below looks at the different topics you need to know. We suggest you start with an Activity by clicking on the buttons next to each topic.
BBC Bitesize Science-Grades 2-3 Each topic has information, an activity and a quiz.
1. NEO K – 12 Solar System for Kids - http://www.neok12.com/Solar-System.htm - great resource for games, videos, and lessons
2. Amazing Space - http://amazing-space.stsci.edu/resources/explorations/trading/ - Really neat interactive game that lets kids choose a card and then try to identify what object in space it is
3. NASA Solar System for Kids - http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/kids/ - Great site for basic solar system site, great for research and pictures, some interactive, good info on space station
4. Solar System for Kids - http://www.manatee.k12.fl.us/sites/elementary/samoset/psgk3ex.htm
5.Astronomy for Kids - http://www.frontiernet.net/~kidpower/astronomy.html - very simple site on astronomy – basic PowerPoint slides with pictures and facts
6. Welcome to the Planets - http://library.thinkquest.org/25401/data/main/index.html - Very nice site with lots of information especially if you were doing a planet report
7. http://www.windows.ucar.edu/windows.html - Windows of the Universe – Excellent cite with beautiful graphics, also has three levels which lets it be a great site for many levels. Under games there is a cool coloring book that the children can color online.
8. National Geographic Solar System - http://science.nationalgeographic.com/science/space/solar-system/sun-article.html
9. Astronomy for Kids - http://www.kidsastronomy.com/solar_system.htm
8. Enchanted Learning Landforms - http://www.enchantedlearning.com/geography/landforms/glossary.shtml
10. Landform Game from Brainpop - You could play this with the class in the Mimio if you log on to Brainpop
11. School Media Landform lesson - really great movie, games, quiz, etc
United States - Individual State Information
1. Zoom School - http://www.zoomschool.com/usa/states/ - state number, capital, major industries, rivers, bird, flower, tree, and good state picture
2. Kidspace - http://www.ipl.org/div/stateknow/ Just the facts
3. Fact Monster. Com - http://www.factmonster.com/states.htmlFamous people
4. Info Please - http://www.infoplease.com/states.html Facts, large cities, famous people
5. 50 States. Com= http://www.50states.com/ - Fast facts, large cities, presidents, biographies
6. Atlas. Com - http://go.hrw.com/atlas/norm_htm/usa.htm - State Natural Resources
7. World Almanac for Kids - http://www.worldalmanacforkids.com/WAKI-Chapter.aspx?chapter_id=15 - excellent state information
8. States Game - http://www.scholastic.com/play/prestates.htm
Ellis Island Interactive Tour - http://teacher.scholastic.com/activities/immigration/tour/index.htm
1. Rock Hounds with Rocky - http://www.fi.edu/fellows/fellow1/oct98/index2.html - interesting website covering the many aspects of rocks and minerals. Includes pictures, interactive, and quiz
2. Fast Facts about Rocks and Fossils - http://www.childrensmuseum.org/geomysteries/faq1.html - great animation on how the three types of rocks are formed.
3. Wicked Science Rock Cycle -http://www.wicked.org.nz/Interactives/Science/Rock-cycle2 - animated rock cycle with three different types of rocks
4. This Planet Really Rocks - http://library.thinkquest.org/J002289/ - great think quest activity that takes you through many of the state standards on rocks and minerals
5. Mineral Matters - http://www.sdnhm.org/archive/kids/minerals/ - great website for learning about the ways to identify rocks and minerals – ie: hardness, streak, luster
6. Interactive Rock Cycle - http://www.classzone.com/books/earth_science/terc/content/investigations/es0602/es0602page02.cfm excellent
7. Brainpop Movies - http://www.brainpop.com/ - – Rock Cycle – Types of Rocks – Mineral Identification
8. Geomysteries - http://www.childrensmuseum.org/geomysteries/mysteries.html - fun little rock fact and activity site
9. Rocks and Soils - http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/scienceclips/ages/7_8/rocks_soils.shtml
10. Rocks for Kids- Find out about the three types of rocks
11. Interactive Rock Cycle -This website has several animations that demonstrate how rocks are formed. There is also an interactive quiz which allows students to print a copy of their completed quiz.
12. Mineralogical Society of America's Site for Kids- Learn about mineral groups, the rock cycle, or Ask-a-Mineralologist your "rocky" question on the Mineralogical Society of America's site for kids.
1. http://www.merry-christmas.com/games/ - Tic, Tac, Toe, Decorate the Christmas Tree, and Santa Puzzle. This site also has quizzes about various holidays
2. http://www.12days.com/playground/default.htm - 3 games to play - Concentration, Word Search, and the Nutcracker Game (similar to "Wheel of Fortune"
3. http://www.northpole.com/ - Many holiday activities for children
5. http://www1.chabad.org/holidays/chanukah - A great look at Hanukah traditions
6. http://www.cyberkids.com/fg/ho/hannukah/dreidel/ - The Dreidel Game Online
7. http://www.torahtots.com/holidays/chanuka/chanuk.htm - More Hanukah activities and songs
8. http://www.janbrett.com/trim_a_jan_brett_gingerbread_baby_house.htm - Design and print a gingerbread house
9. Listen to Hedgie's "I Love to Read" book - http://www.janbrett.com/hltr/hltr_jacket_audio.htm
10. Decorate a Tree - http://www.janbrett.com/trim_a_jan_brett_christmas_tree.htm
11. Miracle Lights...Hanukkah Video - http://www.chabad.org/holidays/chanukah/article_cdo/aid/339352/jewish/Miracle-Lights.htm
12. Hanukkah Games - http://www.primarygames.com/holidays/hanukkah/games.htm
11. Veteran's Administration for kids - http://www.va.gov/KIDS/k-5/index.asp?intSiteID=2
Great site especially for grades 1 - 3.
12. Christopher Columbus - http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/famouspeople/standard/columbus/index.shtml#focus - Great little movie biography and short quiz on Columbus
Thanksgiving - Fun Activities http://karenogen.blogspot.com/2010/11/thanksgiving-interactive-games.html
St. Patrick's Day
1. St. Patrick’s Day Fun - http://blackdog4kids.com/holiday/pat/word-games.html
2. St. Patrick’s Day Games - http://www.primarygames.com/holidays/st.patricksday/games.htm
3. St. Patrick’s Day Word Search - http://blackdog4kids.com/holiday/pat/word-search.html
4. St. Patrick’s Day Coloring - http://funschool.kaboose.com/fun-blaster/st-patricks-day/games/game_st_patricks_day_coloring_pages.html?trnstl=1
5. Black Dog’s St. Patrick’s Day - http://blackdog.net/holiday/pat/index.html
1. American Revolution Think Quest - http://library.thinkquest.org/11683/HomeMain.html - excellent site divided up into major events, lifestyles, battles, people
2. Liberty – PBS - http://www.pbs.org/ktca/liberty/ - sample newspapers of different events, timeline, life in the colonies, military perspective
3. Liberty’s Kids - http://www.libertyskids.com/ - great site to find information at a grades 3 – 5 level, has games, interactive movies, and a create a newspaper section – The newspaper could be an activity for either Grade 3 or 5
4. Ben’s Guides to U.S. Government - http://bensguide.gpo.gov/ - has historical documents, and other activities that explain the U.S. government
5. Shot Heard Round the World Movie - http://earlyamerica.com/shot_heard.htm - excellent short movie on the beginning of the American Revolution
6. American Revolution Movies - http://earlyamerica.com/series.html
7. Paul Revere’s Ride - http://www.paulreverehouse.org/ride/
1. Star Child - http://starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/StarChild/solar_system_level1/moon.html - listen to the presentation report about the moon
2. Interactive Moon Map - http://www.penpal.ru/astro/map.shtml - Lists the names of the different parts of the moon
3. The Moon - Enchanted Learning - http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/astronomy/activities/radiobuttonquiz/Moonpz.shtml - short little quiz on the moon
4. EL – Moon http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/astronomy/moon/ - report on the moon
5. Space Day - http://www.spaceday.org/index.php/The-Phaser.html = - use the interactive moon phaser to see how the phases of the moon are REALLY created
6. Day and Night Views- http://www.learningmedia.co.nz/ - Really neat interactive for a whole month showing day, night, and the phases of the moon day by day
7. Lunar Cycle Challenge - http://www.sciencenetlinks.com/interactives/moon/moon_challenge/moon_challenge.html - put the pictures of the moon in order challenge – has 3 levels and sound– scored online
8. Phases of the Moon - http://www.harcourtschool.com/activity/moon_phases/ Interactive phase viewer with one paragraph of text. It allows the students to control the movements of the moon.
9. Moon Phases - Big Kid Science - http://www.bigkidscience.com/MoonPhases/MoonPhases.html - excellent for Grade 5
10. Wonderville - http://www.wonderville.ca/asset/phases-of-the-moon - Interactive movie about the phases of the moon
1. AAA Math - http://aaamath.com/B/fra.htm - basic fraction site – ¼
2. Virtual Manipulatives - http://nlvm.usu.edu/en/nav/vlibrary.html - Fractions Naming, Parts of a Whole, Fractions – Visualizing
3. Learning Box - http://www.learningbox.com/fractions/index.html - Flower Fraction Game
4. Cool Math - http://www.coolmath.com/fractions/index.html - What are fractions?
5. Visual Fractions - http://visualfractions.com/EnterCircle.html - additional practice with fractions
6. Harcourt - http://www.harcourtschool.com/activity/con_math/g03c21.html - Fraction Match Game
7. Schoolhouse - http://www.myschoolhouse.com/courses/O/1/7.asp?Back=Off – nice little quiz with scoring on fractional parts
8. Webmath - http://www.webmath.com/k8if.html-If you type in a fraction into the boxes provided, the website will show you what your fraction means using the picture of a pie.
9. Shade - Shade in the correct amount of units to equal the fraction by clicking on the unit.
10. That Quiz - fraction identification
11. Fractions Introduction - http://www.bgfl.org/bgfl/custom/resources_ftp/client_ftp/ks2/maths/fractions/index.htm - Great grade 2 introduction to fractions game
12. Fishy Fractions Game - http://www.iknowthat.com/com/L3?Area=FractionGame - The children are given a written fraction and the pelican needs to choose what fraction is needed. Great grade 2 & 3 activity for fraction review.
13. Fraction Hotlist - http://www.homeschoolmath.net/math_resources_3.php - many different fraction sites and games
Fractions - Grade 5 Only
Fractions – Reducing to the Simplest Form Practice
1. Simplifying Fractions - http://www.mathsisfun.com/simplifying-fractions.html
2. AAA Math - http://www.aaamath.com/B/fra66hx2.htm
4. Visual Fractions - http://www.visualfractions.com/LowestCircle.html
5. Math Maven Fraction Mystery - http://teacher.scholastic.com/maven/loudlou/index.htm
6. Least Common Multiple - http://www.mathsisfun.com/least-common-multiple.html
7. Adding Fractions - http://nlvm.usu.edu/en/nav/frames_asid_106_g_2_t_1.html?from=category_g_2_t_1.html
1. AAA Math - Fractions Unlimited Interactive Practice Explanations and Examples Challenge Games ... Multiplication by Integers ? Multiply Mixed Numbers. Reducing Fractions ...www.aaamath.com/fra.html
2. EZ Fractions - Add, Subtract, Multiply and Divide fractions - Help tools are on the site to give students every tool necessary for performing operations with fractions as easy as it has ever been! http://www.mrnussbaum.com/ezfractions.htm
6. Multiplying and Reducing Fractions http://www.aplusmath.com/cgi-bin/flashcards/fractions-mult
1. MCAS Math Prep - http://www.mymcas.com/html_pages/quizzes.htm
2. Grade 3, 4, 5 MCAS Review - http://www.iq.poquoson.org/
3. Grade 5 Reading Comprehension Practice - http://www.longman.com/ae/marketing/sfesl/tests/grade5.html
4. FCAT Express - http://fcit.coedu.usf.edu/FCAT/tests/default.htm - Reading Comprehension and open response questions -
5. Quia Class Page - http://www.quia.com/pages/hostetterenglish.html#purpose – list of many comprehension quizzes including author’s purpose
6. Grade 5 Language Arts Skills - http://www.internet4classrooms.com/skills_5th_lang.htm - hotlist
7. Read Story and Answer Questions - Grade 3 and Grade 5 teachers will find this web site created by Harcourt School a valuable resource when preparing students for Reading Comprehension. The format is similar to what students can expect to see on the Virginia Standard of Learning tests. The Shockwave Plug-In is required to play.
Fact Dash - http://www.mhschool.com/math/2003/student/level1.php?isbn=0021040044 - Go to the bottom of the page and choose "Fact Dash". This can be used for practicing all math facts. Leveled and scored
Multiflyer - http://www.brainormous.com/online/loader_multiflyer.html - exciting multiplication game
Multiplication.Com - (DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE NAME!) - http://www.multiplication.com/interactive_games.htm - Many interactive games for practicing ALL math facts
Math Magic - Timed practice of basic math facts in addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
Math Magician - Practice Addition, Subtraction, Division, and Multiplication facts by number
Power Football - Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division
Soccer Shootout - Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division
Adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing fractions
Quizville - http://www.quizville.com/mathGames/index.html - Many math choices - each quiz is scored for you -
Math Playground - http://www.mathplayground.com/flashcards.html - flashcards
Math Fact Cafe - http://www.mathfactcafe.com/view/view.aspx?t=F&g=3 -
Amble web Addition Machine - . http://www.amblesideprimary.com/ambleweb/mentalmaths/additiontest.html - three levels of fact practice
Math Mastery.Com - http://www.mathmastery.com/cyberchallenge/ - timed addition fact quiz
Addition Surprise - http://www.harcourtschool.com/activity/add/add.html - Addition Chart - drag the numbers to the chart to uncover a picture.
Math Playground. Com - http://www.mathplayground.com/flashcards.html - Addition fact timed practice
Addition Machine - Practice addition facts
Speed Grid Addition 1 - Addition Level 1
Speed Grid Addition 2 - Addition Level 2
Speed Grid Addition 3 - Addition Level 3
Play Kids Games . Com - http://www.playkidsgames.com/ - many little games to practice addition facts under math
Dositey .Com - http://www.dositey.com/addsub/addex1.htm - counting and adding game with bugs
A - Plus Math (Subtraction)- http://www.aplusmath.com/Flashcards/subtraction.html
Speed Grid Subtraction 1 - Subtraction Level 1
Speed Grid Subtraction 2 - Subtraction Level 2
Speed Grid Subtraction 3 - Subtraction Level 3
A - Plus Math (Multiplication)http://www.aplusmath.com/Flashcards/multiplication.html
Multiplication Machine - Practice multiplication facts
Multiplication Times Table and Grids - Practice multiplication facts
Speed Grid Multiplication - Multiplication
Math Invaders - http://www.vectorkids.com/vkinvaders.htm
Fun Brain - http://www.fun4thebrain.com/division.html
A - Plus Math (Division)http://www.aplusmath.com/Flashcards/division.html
Division Machine - Practice division facts
Math Invaders - http://www.vectorkids.com/vkinvaders.htm
1. Sum Sense - http://www.oswego.org/ocsd-web/games/SumSense/sumadd.html - given cards the children make an addition problem
3. Save the Apples - http://www.playkidsgames.com/games/apples/default.htm
4. Find the pictures - Do the sums to uncover the picture.
7. Add two one-digit numbers using a Quia matching activity
8. Pattern Block Activity - http://nlvm.usu.edu/en/nav/frames_asid_169_g_1_t_3.html?open=activities – creating pictures with pattern blocks
9. . Geometry Workbench - http://www.iknowthat.com/com/L3?Area=GeometryWorkbench – Identify shapes
10. Pattern Block Activity 2 - http://www.arcytech.org/java/patterns/patterns_j.shtml - creating pictures with pattern blocks
11. . Storyplace Shapes - http://www.storyplace.org/preschool/activities/shapesonact.asp - finding shapes in pictures
12. Counting Money - http://www.coe.uh.edu/archive/math/math_lessons/mathles3/tutor.htm
13. Counting Money from Harcourt - http://www.hbschool.com/activity/counting_money/
14. Money Desk - Drag coins to total the amount of money asked for.
15. SpacyMath - One must sign in, but you can use the same log on for everyone in the class. Choose from addition or subtraction.
http://esl.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://babelfish.altavista.com – This site translates who sentences from English to Portuguese.
http://iteslj.org/v/p/ - English to Portuguese Quizzes
http://www.vocabulary.co.il/ - Basic games that let you listen to a word in English and match it to the picture
http://www.manythings.org/ - Many activities for ESL students
http://www.teachersfirst.com/getsource.cfm?id=6897 – What to do FIRST!
Math PowerPoints - http://jc-schools.net/PPTs-math.html
All Subject Areas - http://jc-schools.net/ppt.html
All Subject Areas - http://www.graves.k12.ky.us/powerpoints/elementary/
Grade 5 Math - http://www.maththatcounts.com/page7.html
1. Topmarks Interactive Whiteboard Activities
2. http://www.topmarks.co.uk/Interactive.aspx - A selection of sites which work well on interactive whiteboards in the primary classroom - Topmarks Education
3. BGfL - Whiteboards - Foundation Communicating - http://www.bgfl.org/bgfl/15.cfm
4. K-3 Interactive Whiteboard Activities - http://www.juliethompson.com/SMART.html
5. Smartboard Activities - http://technology.usd259.org/resources/whiteboards/smartlessons.htm
6. Kent Schools Interactive Whiteboard - http://www.kented.org.uk/ngfl/subjects/numeracy/IWB/index.htm
7. Smart Technologies - http://education.smarttech.com/ste/en-US/Ed+Resource/Lesson+activities/Notebook+activities/Browse+Notebook/United+States/ - search this site for lessons that have been already created.
Information - http://www.fsdb.k12.fl.us/rmc/tutorials/whiteboards.html
Interactive websites - http://jc-schools.net/tutorials/interactive.htm - by subject
Early Childhood Site - http://www.poissonrouge.com/ -
Growing with Technology - http://www.growing.course.com/index.html - Great Technology Activities for different grade levels
FBI Internet Safety Tips - http://www.fbi.gov/fbikids.htm
Learning. Com - http://www.learning.com/easytech/curriculum.htm - easy interactive technology lesson, graphing, drawing, presentation, ethics
1. National Geographic Kids - http://kids.nationalgeographic.com/Games/ Lots of fun games for kids
2. Would You Survive??????????
Colonial Interactive - http://www.pbs.org/wnet/colonialhouse/history/index.html
Jamestown Interactive Adventure - http://www.historyglobe.com/jamestown/ - Would you survive?
3. Create a Jungle - http://www.nga.gov/kids/zone/jungle.htm - Interactive art website
4. Magic School Bus Games - http://www.scholastic.com/magicschoolbus/games/home.htm - Science enrichment
5. Netsmartz Kids Games - http://www.netsmartzkids.org/games/index.htm - Internet Safety
1. Insects - http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/insects/01.html - cute for grade 2
Biography Creator - http://www.bham.wednet.edu/bio/biomaker.htm - Excellent resource for writing biographies
1. Area and Perimeter - http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/maths/measures.htm#Area – Several activities - great for the SmartBoard too
2. Math Playground - http://www.mathplayground.com/wordproblems.html - has many good math activities
3. Shodor Interactivate: Perimeter Explorer Learn the relationship between perimeter and area. A shape will be automatically generated with the area that you choose. Calculate the perimeter of this shape
4. Shodor Interactivate: Area Explorer Learn the relationship between perimeter and area. A shape will be automatically generated with the perimeter that you choose. Calculate the area of this shape. www.shodor.org/interactivate/activities/AreaExplor
5. Video – Area and Perimeter - http://www.mathplayground.com/howto_sameareadiffperimeter.html -
6. Area AND Perimeter Challenge - http://shodor.org/interactivate/activities/ShapeExplorer/?version=1.6.0_03&browser=MSIE&vendor=Sun_Microsystems_Inc. – allows children to calculate both on a single shape.
1. USA Games - http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/web_games.htm -This site has many interactive US geography games.
2. Geonet Games - http://www.eduplace.com/geonet/ - This is a question and answer game to help you learn about the United States.
3. Puzzled States - http://www.scholastic.com/play/states.htm - This is also a timed states quiz.
4. Know the States - http://jimspages.com/States.htm - Place the states where they belong!
1. Bad Guy Patrol! [ Kids ] - Teaches kids to spot bad guys on the Internet by playing four fun games. After each level is completed you receive a flag. When you collect all four flags, you get a certificate, Great grade 3 activity
2. CyberNetiquette Comix [ Kids ] - Teaches lessons about online safety using popular Disney characters. Join Mickey and the gang for adventure, fun, and online awareness tips. (Grade 3 – Little videos – requires reading – but cute
4. PBS Kids: Get your Web License [ Kids ] - Answer all 10 questions about surfing the internet correctly and you may print yourself a web license.
5. Privacy Playground [ Kids ] - Teaches kids how to spot online marketing strategies, protect their personal information and avoid online predators by playing a fun game with the three cyberPigs. –
6. Safety Land [ Kids/Teens ] - Help Captain Broadband fight the nasty character by learning about safety and security while surfing the Web.
2, Hector’s World – Cyber- Bullying
3. Grade 5 Video - Cyberbullying - http://old.digizen.org/cyberbullying/fullFilm.aspx
(Disclaimer - These search engines were chosen because they are as safe as possible for children. However all children should be supervised when using a search engine for their personal safety)
1. Answers.com - http://www.answers.com/
2. Enchanted Learning - http://www.enchantedlearning.com/Home.html
3. Ask Kids - http://www.askkids.com/
4. Wikipedia. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
5. Wild Animals Online - http://www.wildanimalsonline.com/
6. BBC Home Animals - http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/wildfacts/
1. BBC – Bitesize – Click on Helping Plants Grow, Life Cycles, and Plants and Animals for different lessons http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/ks2bitesize/science/living_things/
2. The Great Plant Escape – cute - http://urbanext.illinois.edu/gpe/gpe.html
3. (Whole Group) Kind of a Whiteboard Activity – Click on Whiteboard Interactive Activity 1 for the first lesson - http://www.ngfl-cymru.org.uk/vtc/Phase2delivery/Wales/Science/Keystage2/Lifeprocessesan/Lifecycles/Introduction/
4. Crickweb Interactive Plant Activities - http://www.crickweb.co.uk/assets/resources/flash.php?&file=plantlabelmx
5. Wonderville - http://www.wonderville.ca/v1/home.html Click on the Satellite – then Interactive Games – Then Photosynthesis
6. Kind of a Hotlist for Plants - http://www.atschool.co.uk/subject.asp?section=8753
1. Constitution Center – Interactive Timeline (http://www.constitutioncenter.org/timeline/flash/cw.html - Fabulous interactive timeline with sound to present the history of the Constitution. This site is appropriate for grade 4 and 5 and possibly 3. This would be a wonderful activity to use with the computer, TV, and Mimio. Check out the Bill of Rights game too.
2. Scholastic News - http://teacher.scholastic.com/activities/listen_read_14/constitution-day.asp
3. The US Constitution - http://www.brainpop.com/socialstudies/ushistory/usconstitution/ This is a free movie!!!
4. Ben’s Guide to the U.S. Government for Kids –K-2 - http://bensguide.gpo.gov/k-2/government/index.html - A cute and short explanation for K-2 students of what our government is.
5. Ben’s Guide to the U.S. Government for Kids –Gr. 3-5 - http://bensguide.gpo.gov/3-5/documents/constitution/index.html - Basic and cute page led by Ben Franklin explaining why we needed a set of rules (Constitution) to bring the states together.
6. Cute Schoolhouse Rock Video - http://www.watchknow.org/Video.aspx?VideoID=12526 - Constitution Song
1. Ambleweb Subtraction Machine - Choose a skill level, type the answer, and then check for correctness.
2. Are You a Math Magician? - Select subtraction.
3. Beginning Subtraction - Visuals and explanation - good for whole class activity.
4. Bowling Subtraction - Bowl down pins by answering subtraction problems.
5. Subtraction - From the Little Animals Activity Centre
6. Math Facts from Harcourt School - (K-3) Content available at the site: Addition and Subtraction sums and differences to 10, 12, and 20; Multiplication and Division facts to 5, to 10, to 12. Verbal instructions are included and students can select timed or untimed. (30 facts)
7. Sum Sense (Subtraction) - Students practice single digit subtraction by dragging numbers to complete the sentence.
8. Take it Away - Practice subtraction facts.
9. Test the Toad - Add or subtract numbers from 1 to 15 by clicking on the numbered person.
Energy Quest - A great site with information, games and more!
U.S. Department of Energy for Kids -This kids page from the DOE has great information for kids.
Edheads-Simple Machines Join the robot to see what kinds of simple machines can be found in your home and tool shed.
Brain Pop-Simple Machines Take a quiz or see a movie about levers and inclined plans at this site from Brain Pop. Without a subscription, you can only log in and watch the movies 1 X per day.
Simple Machines-The Foss website has a great activity for simple machines and more!
Simple Machines Game Create simple machines by gathering all the necessary parts with Twitch