Welcome! Here is the syllabus!
Sugar-Salem High School
English I and II
Teacher: Mrs. Julianna Davenport
Class Location: 246
- Be ready
- Be responsible
- Be respectful
I believe every possible disruption to learning is covered in the expectations above. If you are respectful, responsible, and give your best every day, we should have a successful class.
When homework is given, it should be turned in at the beginning of class on the day it is due. Homework provides a wonderful opportunity for you to improve your overall grade. Homework turned-in late could reflect poorly on your homework grade.
If you are absent, it is your responsibility to make up the assignments or tests you missed when you return. I do my best to post the assignments and tests in Canvas, so that is the best place to look to see what was missed.
I will not tolerate plagiarism. If I find that you have copied words, phrases, or ideas from a source without citing that source, the grade for your assignment will be a zero. If your plagiarism was accidental, I will allow you to add your citations. Simply come and speak with me after class.
You should always have the appropriate materials for class, such as pencils, paper, laptop, and headphones/earbuds/air pods/whatever you young people call them.
Please do not use your electronics during lectures and assignments. This includes airpods (even if you are not listening to any music). The following will happen:
- I will ask you to please turn off the music/take out your earbuds/put your phone away
- If you decide to keep using your device, I will ask for it and place it on my desk
- If you do not give me your device, you will be sent to the office. If you do, you will get your device at the end of class.
- Tests, Quizzes, and Projects are worth 70% of your grade
- Assignments are worth 20% of your grade
- Practices are worth 10% of your grade
I believe in trying again and trying some more. If you feel that you didn't do well on an assignment, please talk to me and I'll let you know how you can try again.
I am always available immediately following school to answer any homework or classwork questions. If you need help, please do not hesitate to ask.
A Note to Parents:
Parents, you are welcome to check your child’s Canvas course. For this you will need a username and password. Please email me at email@example.com for this information if you are interested.
To show that your child has given you the syllabus to look over, I will have you “sign” it by emailing me the following information:
- Your name and your child’s name
- Any information I should know about your child
- The best way to reach you (whether by email or phone/text)
- Anything else you would like me to know
My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for taking the time to read and virtually sign.