Tactile - Kinesthetic Learners: If the traits fit, then adjust your strategy.
• Enjoys acting out a situation relevant to the study topic.
• Enjoys making and creating.
• Enjoys the opportunities to build and physically handle learning materials.
• Will take notes to keep busy but will not often use them.
• Enjoys using computers.
• Physically expresses interest and enthusiasm by getting active and excited.
• Has trouble staying still or in one place for a long time.
• Enjoys hands-on activities.
• Tends to want to fiddle with small objects while listening or working.
• Tends to want to eat snacks while studying.
Teaching Strategies for the Tactile-Kinesthetic Learner
• Encourage tactile-kinesthetic students to write down their own notes.
• Encourage tactile-kinesthetic students to stand or move while reciting information or learning new material.
• Incorporate multimedia resources (computer,video camera, transparencies, photography camera
into your teaching.
• Provide lots of tactile-kinesthetic activities in the class.
|Kinesthetic Activities||Tactile Activities|
|Rocking and reading||Needlework|
|Make a video show||Posters|
|Field trips||Task cards|
|Dress as characters||Electroboards|
|Walking and reading||Collections|