Procedures are a part of life. We follow procedures for using a telephone book, boarding an airplane, approaching a traffic light, and attending a wedding. The reason we have procedures in life is so that people can function in society knowing the acceptable and efficient ways other people do things.
There are also procedures in this classroom. These procedures establish our classroom culture.
To be successful...All students should bring to class every day
A pencil pouch or box
- 3 sharpened pencils or mechanical pencils
- 2 colored pens for correcting work - Try orange, hot pink, green, purple, or red
- 1 large pink eraser
- 8 colored pencils
- Two (2)- thin dry erase pens for the students to use
- An assignment planner is provided by the school each year. Bring it to class each day to record your homework & projects.
- Loose-leaf paper...at least 100 sheets
- Graph paper…at least 25 sheets
Super Star Math Days
- Bring all supplies above plus glue, markers, scissors, & Jump Drive
- Be on time and prepared for learning.
- Follow directions the first time they are given.
- Keep hands, feet and other objects to yourself.
- RESPECT yourselves and others!!!!!
- Enter room in an orderly manner with all necessary materials.
- Greet your teacher.
- Greet your classmates.
- Sharpen pencils and put completed homework on your desk.
- Sit in your assigned seat and begin working on your Daily Math Warmup.
- Please put all materials back where they belong.
- Clean up your area around your desk or group.
- Straighten the desks in your row or group.
- Please remain still and listen carefully for announcements and dismissals.
- Leave ONLY after the teacher dismisses you.
- If you are absent, it is your responsibility to get your missed work from someone in your class. There are four folders for missed work. Pick the academic class you are in and find any handouts with your name on it.
- When you complete your missed work, put it in the Blue Box.
- Work should be completed in a timely manner.
- If at all possible, students should have homework complete when they return from an absence so that they do not miss the review instruction.
PROCEDURES FOR LEAVING CLASS:
If it is necessary for you to leave class for any reason (restroom, nurse, water fountain, etc.), please observe the following procedures…..
- Use your life skill of common sense and wait patiently for an appropriate time to ask to leave class.
- Please fill out my “sign out log” that is located on the clipboard by door. (name, destination, date, time out, time in)
- Upon your return, please fill in the time that you returned.
PROCEDURES FOR EMERGENCY OR SUDDEN ILLNESS:
- Please leave quickly and quietly.
- Explain your exit to the teacher upon your return to class.
How to Set Up the Math Binder
Section 1: Notes
- Students can use their journals as reference on classwork, homework, and quizzes.
- Chapter notes are due on the day of the chapter test.
- Students who are absent are responsible for copying the notes from someone in their class.
Section 2: Pocket Folder
- Handouts, quizzes, tests, and loose notes should be kept in the Math folder.
Section 3: Homework & Classwork
- File work here so it is available to study later.
The Blue Box ~ Feed Me !
- Assignments are only accepted in the "blue box" in my classroom. Do not put papers on my desk or hand them to me at random.
- Students are encouraged to hand in their work early.
- Parents and students are welcome to put notes to me in the blue box or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hands & Eyes
If I say "Hands & Eyes",
- Put down your pencil/pen.
- Look at me and wave both hands in the air.
- Get ready to listen. No talking!
Refocus ~ Three “Refocus” mean a note home.
What to do if you earn a Conduct Refocus or Effort Refocus
- The Refocus will be placed in front of you.
- Fill out it silently.
When the Refocus is complete, silently put it in the outside corner of your desk.
- At MY earliest convenience, I will quickly scan the refocus to ensure that it is filled out completely and correctly.
- If the refocus is incorrect, then you will get a second chance to complete the refocus properly. If it is still incorrect, then you will use your recess time to fill it out correctly.
Some Ways to Earn a Refocus
- Missing or unfinished work
- Unprepared for class: missing basic supplies
- Disruption in class
- Leaving trash in a desk
- Disrespectful of self or others
- Dress code infractions