1315 Oakwood Avenue, Raleigh, NC 27610·252-258-4262· firstname.lastname@example.org
SAINT AUGUSTINE’S COLLEGE Raleigh, NC
Bachelor of Arts- Elementary Education Expected Graduation: May 2014
§ Dedicated, resourceful, and goal-driven professional educator with a solid commitment to the social and academic growth and development of every student.
- An accommodating and versatile individual with the talent to develop inspiring lessons using Howard Gardner eight multiple intelligences that will also capture a child’s imagination and breed success.
- Aptitude to remain flexible, ensuring that every child’s learning style and abilities are address.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills to foster meaningful relationships with students, staff, and parents.
Bridge to teaching Child and Adolescent Development Technology Literacy
Exceptionalities Among Students Learners
YMCA Raleigh, NC
Tutor August 2011-December 2011
§ Provided instructional support to children in an afterschool program with their academic studies by implementing strategies to increase their reading skills.
- Communicated homework assignments, to assigned student, for easy interpretation and understanding.
- Motivated students to succeed despite periods of disinterest.
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY Raleigh, NC
Community Specialist August 2011-Febrary 2012
§ Served as a community specialist for a non-profit organization by providing information to the citizens regarding funding to improve structural repairs to their home.
- Coordinated events to bring awareness to the services provided by the agency by being visible in the communities who has been predetermined for eligibility.
- Encouraged citizens to financially support the mission of the organization to increase more funding opportunities and initiatives.
CORNERSTONE SUMMER CAMP Greenville, NC
Assistant Teacher June 2011-August 2011
§ Assisted in the planning and implementation of daily program activities during the summer camp program for children ages 4 to 10 by provide learning enrichment opportunities in preparation for the next school term.
§ Enforced disciplinary action, when deemed appropriate, based upon the level of behavior demonstrated by the child.
§ Informed parents and/or director regarding the progress of children assigned.
Organizations & Activities
* Student Government Associations – Sophomore Executive Secretary; Fall of 2011 to present
* North Carolina Association of Educators; Organization for students who are future Educators; Fall of 2011 to present
My Philosophy of Education
I believe that everyone should embrace and take advantage of the knowledge of learning. I know ever child have the ability to learn, no matter the race, gender, or beliefs. I view education as key to my success; it is my key that unlocks the door to my goals, my dreams, my future, and my accomplishments. I will teach my students to set goals and to have dreams. I want my children to look at me and say I want to become successful and educated. I want them to be more than what their parents are, because I do not think where you come from can stop you from your future. When I walk in my classroom every morning I will have a positive attitude that my children will excel above their expectations. I will not tolerate using the word “can’t” because I know they can. I will teach them to never let anyone tell you that you can’t make it or cannot achieve anything out of life. I will teach them not to let anyone determine who you are, when you are capable of determining yourself; and to never give up on your dream, goals, and accomplishments.
As an educator, I feel that it is my job to connect with my students. I must take time to recognize each student and their strengths and ability so I can teach them well. I must attempt to understand each students needs and try to create ideas for them to see what fits them best and what I need to work on so they can understand the work better. My goal for the future is I want to engage the entire class not half, if I engage them all I know that I have achieve my goal.
As I view my teaching styles I am placed within student-centered and teacher- centered, I want my students to understand that teachers are not the only one in the classroom with corrects answers we are there to help them. I also want them to have an understanding that I am a teacher and I am here to better their lives by helping them improve in areas where they may have weakness. I will teach them in different ways; let them teach themselves to see if they understand. I will put them in smalls groups and let them work out a real life situation to see what they come up with.
I am in favor of creating a positive environment for students as well as for teachers. I am going to focus on the students strengths instead of their weakness, because I know they can achieve if they only believe. Becoming a great teacher is what I am destined to be. Failure is not an option in my book, if I fail now I have failed my children in the future so I am determined to do what I have to do so when the time comes I can say education is my key to success.