Weekly Newsletters and updates will be posted here
Student Supply List:
2 packs of lined white paper (8½ “x 11”)
1 1 inch 3 ring binder
2 dozen No. 2 pencils
1 pack of colored pencils
1 pack of colored markers
6 dry erase markers
2 glue sticks
1 pair of school scissors
Post-it notes, variety of sizes
3 packs of lined 3x5 index cards
5 solid colored pocket folders with prongs
5 spiral notebooks, 1 subject
2 boxes of tissues
1 roll of paper towels
1 bottle of hand sanitizer
1 pack of gallon Ziploc bags
1 pack of quart Ziploc bags
1 bottle of Clorox wipes
1 ream multi-purpose white paper
1 pack pencil top erasers
AR GOALS FOR THE FIRST NINE WEEKS
- There will be AR goals set for the FIRST nine weeks. Students will be assigned a point goal that they should achieve by the end of the nine weeks. The goal will be different for each student and will based on their reading level and ability.
- Students should be reading only books in their assigned range.
- In order for any test to be counted towards an AR goal the student must receive an 80% or HIGHER on the test. No Exceptions.
- In addition, the overall % for the nine weeks must be 80% or higher to make the goal
- In order to attend the AR party students must meet the above goals PLUS read 5 additional points.
- There will be a grade given based on the percentage of the student’s goal that was met.
- Students must have at least 2 points worth of non-fiction books.
- Make sure you talk to me if you have ANY questions about these AR goals
Scholastic Book Club Ordering Online
Web address: www.scholastic.com/bookclubs
Class Activation Code: GLWBZ
Now it's easier than ever to find the right books for your child — and help us earn FREE books for our classroom library at the same time!
With new online ordering from Scholastic Book Clubs, you can choose from a much wider selection of books than in the printed flyer. Plus, you can send your orders directly to me online and use your credit card.
It's so simple! Here's how it works:
- SIGN UP at www.Scholastic.com/bookclubs. On the parent page, click the "Don't have a User Name and Password?" link, then register for your own username and password. When prompted, enter the one-time Class Activation Code shown above. This code ensures that your order is sent to me.
- SELECT the books you'd like to order from over 500 titles available online...and take advantage of online-only specials and discounts.
- Let me know that you have placed an order (I have to finalize it). Books will be delivered directly to our classroom, as always.
Ordering online is fast, easy, and secure. Plus our whole class benefits thanks to the FREE books we'll earn with every parent online order.
Go to www.Scholastic.com/bookclubs now to get started.