What is netiquette?
Netiquette is the rules that apply when one is communicating over computer networks, especially the Internet. This is the acceptable way when using the internet.
NETIQUETTE: Social Media Do’s & Don’ts
14 Social Media Do’s
- Cultivate friendships
- Promote yourself, then your business – if culture allows it
- Participate regularly
- Repeat names
- Look for opportunities to help
- Use conversational tone
- Employ correct spelling & grammar
- Include http:// for a link
- Be authentic, friendly, & interesting
- Ask open-ended questions
- Mind your manners
- Be sociable
- Use hashtags where appropriate
- Research groups/blogs where you can post a comment and a link back to your blog
13 Social Media Don’ts
- Blatantly advertise.
- Say things you don’t want repeated
- Be narcissistic – no one likes a ‘me’ person
- Be negative
- Be confrontational or controversial
- Swear or cuss
- Use ALL CAPS
- Talk about religion, sex and politics
- Drop the ball – always follow up!
- Use Texting language
- Be an egg head