Our district is utilizing a web-based program called iReady. This program is aligned with our curriculum and provides students with engaging lessons. Every student is required to do an hour of Reading lessons and an hour of Math lessons every week. Students will have an opportunity to work on the lessons during our weekly computer lab time. Additionally we are trying to give the students time to work on the lessons on the computer in class during centers. However, due to the login process there is not enough time for students to meet this goal. As a result, we strongly encourage you to have your child work on the lessons from home. Ideally, students should do 15 minutes of Reading and 15 minutes of Math lessons daily. We will be pulling reports and monitoring students’ progress. If you do not have access to the internet or a computer, the Sunny Isles Beach Public Library has computers available for use.
Students are required to access iReady via their student portal. The student portal is also the site students use to access their online books, grades and other valuable resources. The following steps will assist your children in accessing their portals.
1. Log into http://www.dadeschools.net/ (using Internet Explorer or Chrome)
2. Click on the Red Box titled Students in the bar across the top.
3. Click on Log into Student Portal under the picture
4. Enter your child’s User Name, which is the seven digit ID number.
5. Enter your child’s password which is the two digit birth month; two digit birth day; two digit birth year and your child’s initials in lower case (mmddyyii).
6. Click on Log in
7. The child’s portal will open and the child’s name and id# appear in the upper right hand corner. Click on the paper and pencil icon at the bottom.
8. A second screen will open that will log your child onto iReady.
9. Select either Reading or Math.
10. After 15 minutes your child can log out or he/she can switch to the other subject.