Welcome to Kindergarten!
I look forward to a wonderful school year of learning experiences and growth in your child ahead! I hope you and your family have a fun-filled and relaxing summer.
Continue to work on the assigned summer packet together during the summer!
For additional information on school policies, school schedule and classroom supplies can be found on the school website.
The following information are additional educational resources that you and your child can enjoy throughout the summer!
Research has shown that the single greatest factor in predicting reading success is whether a child is read to when young. It is important to model reading as an enjoyable activity. Parents play a significant role in developing their child’s interest in reading. The books listed below are additional stories for you to share and read to your child over the summer months.
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Eric Carle
- The Very Busy Spider Eric Carle
- The Mixed Up Chameleon Eric Carle
- Goodnight Moon Margaret Wise
- Where The Wild Things Are Maurice Sendak
- A Color of His Own Leo Lionni
- Extrodinary Egg Leo Lionni
- My Five Senses Aliki
- The Kissing Hand Audrey Penn
- The Day the Crayons Quit Drew Daywalt
- A Bad Case of Stripes David Shannon
- Painting a Rainbow Lois Ehlert
- Rainbow Fish Marcus Pfister
- How Rocket Learned to Read Tad Hills
- Rocket Writes a Story Tad Hills
- Rocket's Mighty Words Tad Hills
The following are a list of educational website for you and your child to explore and enjoy.
See you all in September,