Pre-Algebra Course Guidelines
Roulhac Middle School
- Be ready to begin class when the tardy bell rings.
- Bring supplies to class every day. Always be prepared.
- Use a pencil to complete all assignments. Pens are not allowed.
- Show respect at all times.
- Sit in your assigned seat.
- Sharpen your pencil before the tardy bell rings.
- No food, gum, or drinks are allowed.
- Follow all school rules.
- 3-Ring Binder/Folder
Scientific Calculator (Suggestion: TI-30XB)
Assignments are given to reinforce what has been learned in class, prepare for upcoming lessons, generalize concepts, teach responsibility, and develop good study habits. Completing daily homework is the key to success in this course. Late assignments are not accepted for any reason.
- Homework will be given and checked daily. To receive credit, you must show all your work.
- Every assignment is to be labeled properly and neatly organized in a notebook. At the top of every assignment include your name, the date, the period and the assignment.
Tests and Quizzes
- Tests will be announced several days in advance. Tests will take the entire class period. If you know you will be absent the day of the test, see me in advance to schedule a time to take a makeup exam.
- Quizzes are usually announced in advance as well. However, pop quizzes may be given at any time.
- If you are absent, MAKE-UP WORK IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. You need to check for your missed assignments and make arrangements to get the help you need to complete the work you missed while you were out. Missed assignments can be found in the “Make Up Work” tray and are labeled with student’s name, date missed and class period at the top.
- See me with any questions, and I will schedule a time to meet with you to ensure your understanding of the missed assignments. Also remember to utilize the video lessons that are found on the textbook website.
- Tests and quizzes should be made up immediately after an absence. If you miss only review days, you must take the test with the class. IF YOU ARE ABSENT ON THE DAY OF A TEST, YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO TAKE THE TEST THE DAY YOU RETURN. However, you will be given a different test covering the same material.
- Homework, tests, and quizzes not made up on time will be marked zero.
Semester exams are required by the district and will count 20% of your semester grade.
A: 90-100 B: 80-89 C: 70-79 D: 60-69 F: 59 and below
Attendance and Tardies
- It is to your benefit to be in class every day. Any unexcused absence will result in a zero for that day’s grade, even if it is a test day.
- You are considered tardy if you are not in your assigned seat when the tardy bell rings.
- Excessive tardiness will not be tolerated. Please see the student handbook for more information regarding tardies.
Do I give extra credit? The answer is “NO!” But I do give extra help.
If you need extra help or have any questions, please feel free to ask. You may come in after school upon appointment to receive extra help from me. You may also utilize the textbook video lessons, remediation practice and other resources available on the textbook website.