FOOD TRENDS IBy: Princess Espocia
UBE CHEESE PANDESAL
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour or more
- 1/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1 pouch or 2 1/4 tsp rapid rise yeast
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg, beaten, room temperature
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 3 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp ube flavor extract
- extra flour for kneading
- cheddar cheese, cubed
- plain bread crumbs for coating
- Add yeast and 1/2 tbsp sugar in warm water (110-115°F). Stir to dissolve and let stand for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- While waiting for yeast to bubble, place milk, butter, sugar, and salt into a microwave-safe bowl/cup or saucepan.
- Microwave for around 1 minute or heat over low heat on the stove. (Mixture should NOT be over 115°F or feels hot to the touch, you’ll need to let it sit a few minutes to cool down.)
- In a mixing bowl, combine 2 cups flour, egg and yeast mixture. Mix on level 2 with dough hook to combine.
- Once the milk mixture has cooled enough, add it to the flour/egg/yeast mixture.
- Add the ube extract.
- Continuing on speed 2, gently add another 1 1/4 cup of flour then add 1 tbsp at a time (if needed.) Continue mixing until a dough is formed and clean sides of bowl.
- Form the dough into a ball and transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth or food wrap and let it rise in a warm place for at least an hour
- cream cheese
BAKED SUSHI ASSEMBLY
- 1 cup banana mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 pieces raw eggs
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 tsp teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Combine all the dry ingredients starting with the flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
- Mix the dry ingredients thoroughly until everything is evenly distributed.
- Add the other ingredients (eggs, mashed bananas, cooking oil, vanilla essence) then mix well with the dry ingredients until a batter is formed.
- Grease the loaf pan and pour-in the mixture.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit then bake the mixture for an hour.
- Remove from loaf pan from the oven then allow to cool down for a few minutes. Transfer the banana bread on a serving plate.
- You may put the bread in the fridge to cool or serve immediately. Share and Enjoy!