Ms. Eileen Huang-Giczy
Chinse II course is on further developing students’ abilities to participate in simple, practical conversations on everyday topics as well as enhancing their abilities on reading and writing. The relationship between Chinese language and culture and the sociolinguistic appropriate use of language will be stressed throughout. It includes performance of basic conversations, questions and discussion, and various types of communicative exercises. At the end of this course, students are expected to develop an understanding of the language learning process so that they will be able to continue studying effectively on their own.
- Easy Step To Chinese Textbook, book II & Workbook ( Class set, supply by school)
- iPad ( classroom cart , supply by school )
- Loose-leaf notebook paper and binder ( supply by student)
- Pen/pencil ( supply by student)
- 3 x 5 Index cards ( supply by student)
1. Countries, Languages: Be able to express what countires have you been to and what languages you can speak.
2. Subjects of Study: Be able to describe your daily rountine and talk about your subjects and the course preferences.
3. Making phone calls: Be able to conduct a simple telephone conversation.
4. Weather: Be able to present a smiple weather forecast, compare weaterh in two places and talk about the weather in basic terms.
5. Seasons: Be able to describe the different sceneries of the four seasons, talk about the weather in different countries and cities.
6. Sickness: Be able to describe the symptoms to the doctor and talk abut the treatments.
7. Hobby (1) Music: Be able to name common hobbies and ask about someone's hobblies. Talk about the hobby related to music .
8. Hobby(2) Sports: Be able to name some popular sports, talk about exercise habits and describe the daily exercise routine.
9. Hobby(3) Dance: Talk abut the hobby related to dancing and describe the hours of practice.
10. Vegetables and fruits: Be able to name common fruits and vegetables and express your preferences .
11. Three meals a day: Be able to name common foodstuff/ meals, ask abut others' dietary preference and indicate your own preference.
12. Eating Out: Recognize Chinese currency, know how to order food items and inquire the cost.
13. House: Be able to describe types of the housing, name and state the functions of different rooms and it's locaton in the house.
14. Furniture: Be able to name the common house furnitures, the measure words and describe the location of furnitrue inside each room.
15. Neighborhood: Be able to describe your neighbourhood and identify locations by using landmarks as references.