*1st Grade - Summer Reading Assignment and Summer Math Assignment are due the first week of school. (See school website for specifics.)
*1st Grade Supplies:
- Our "supply list" is found on the SIBK-8 Parent webpage: http://www.sibk8.net/#parents
- Place 3 SHARPENED pencils, glue stick, yellow & pink highlighters, red pen, mini sharpener, scissors & large eraser in one SOFT ZIP (no plastic boxes) pencil BAG. (Keep "extra" pencils, glue sticks, erasers...etc. at home - to be used when needed to replenish supplies. Attempt to label some of these smaller items - if possible. Do NOT send markers at this time.)
- Place crayons in another SOFT ZIP (no plastic boxes) pencil bag. You may take them out of the original box - if desired.
- LABEL the front covers of ALL journals and plastic folders. (Fun sticky "name labels" may be found on many on-line sites.)
- Place the following INTO your child's book bag (NO wheels) . Be sure ALL supplies are REMOVED from original packaging.
- Summer Reading & Math Assignments - label with name and date
- headset - in GALLON SIZED baggie (no ear buds) LABEL headset and LABEL baggie (use fun sticker labels)
- 2 SOFT ZIP pencil bags (no plastic boxes - hard plastic cases will NOT fit inside desk - be SURE to get SOFT ZIP pencil bags)
- 2 seperate envelopes with EXACT CASH for: agenda $5 & Scholastic News Magazine $8 - LABEL with child's name and item name
- journals/composition books WIDE RULED - (NOT kindergarten style) LABEL all front covers (use fun sticker labels)
- PLASTIC folders with POCKETS inside - LABEL front covers (use fun sticker labels)
- Place the following into LARGE grocery or carry bags and label the outside of those bags. (You do NOT need to label each item in these bags.)
- copy paper
- pump soap - Be sure they have a pleasing scent and are antibacterial.
- Lysol/Clorox wipes in LARGE cylinders - Be sure they have a pleasing scent and are antibacterial. (NO baby wipes!)
- manila folders
- Expo markers (chisel tips - not thin)
- paper towels
- Band-aids (fun)
- Zip-lock baggies (quart/gallon)
*Water Bottle/Thermos: You may send water only (NO sports drink/juice) daily for after recess/PE. Label it.
*Lunchboxes must be labeled.
*Lunch money should be sent in an envelope (label with name & student ID number) or pay online.
*Jackets/sweaters must be labeled.
*Help your child MEMORIZE student ID number and Student Portal password.
*Help your child MEMORIZE parent(s) cell number and home address.
*I will be sending home a "First Day of School" folder - with classroom specifics/routines and various parent forms. Please complete and return forms.
*Agendas will be sent home after a while. Homework and updates will be written daily. Parents must INITIAL agenda DAILY. Send it back to school daily.
*Be SURE your child knows whether he/she needs to order lunch - or has a lunchbox.
*Be sure your child knows how he/she is getting home each day.
*Alert the teacher if there is ANY change in dismissal - otherwise - child will be brought to the usual location. A verbal alert from your child wll NOT suffice. You MUST send a written note or message the teacher - of any change.