*1st Grade - Summer Reading Assignment and Summer Math Assignment are due the first week of school. (See school website for specifics.)
*1st Grade Supplies:
- Our "supply list" is found on the SIBK-8 Parent webpage: http://www.sibk8.net/#parents
- Place 3 sharpened pencils, glue stick, yellow highlighter, red pen, mini sharpener, scissors & eraser in one soft zip pencil bag. (Keep "extra" pencils, glue sticks, erasers...etc. at home - to be used when needed to replenish supplies. Attempt to label some of these smaller items - if possible.)
- Place crayons in another soft zip pencil bag.
- Label the front covers of all journals and plastic folders. (Fun sticky "name labels" may be found on many on-line sites.)
- Place the following into your child's book bag (no wheels) . Be sure ALL supplies are removed from original packaging.
- Summer Reading & Math Assignments - label with name and date
- headset - in gallon sized baggie (no ear buds) label headset and label baggie (use fun sticker labels)
- 2 soft zip pencils bags (see above) hard plastic cases will not fit inside desk - be sure to get soft zip cases
- 2 seperate envelopes with EXACT CHANGE for: agenda $5 & Scholastic News Magazine $8 - label with child's name and item
- journals - label front cover (use fun sticker labels)
- plastic folders - label front cover (use fun sticker labels)
- Place the following into large grocery or carry bags and label the outside of those bags. (You do not need to label each item in these bags.)
- copy paper
- pump soap
- Lysol/Clorox wipes
- manila folders
- Expo markers
- paper towels
- Band-aids (fun)
- Zip-lock baggies (quart/gallon)
*Water Bottle/Thermos: You may send water (no sports drink/juice) daily for after recess/PE. Label it.
*Lunchboxes must be labeled.
*Lunch money should be sent in an envelope (label with name & student ID number) or pay online.
*Jackets/sweaters must be labeled.
*Help your child MEMORIZE student ID number and Student Portal password.
*Help your child MEMORIZE parent(s) cell number and home address.
*I will be sending home a "First Day of School" folder - with classroom specifics/routines and various parent forms. Please complete and return forms.