Welcome Students, Parents, and Colleagues
Welcome to Mr. Cohen's web page for Honors World History, AP World History and AP U.S. History at Biotech@Richmond Heights Magnet School for the 2016- 2017 school year. On this page, you will find a brief background of myself, my contact information, my classroom rules, procedures, assignment rubrics and homework assignments. At any point you wish to contact me directly please refer to the "contact me" link to acquire my information. I look forward to an enriching and successful school year! Below you will find my classroom rules and procedures for all of my classes. And found above you will find links that will take you directly to specific information concerning your class.
What To Expect
1. Notes, vocabulary (to be completed on index cards), reading, writing and videos.
2. Essays will be completed throughout the year and will be worth at least two grades or as indicated by the teacher.
3. Quizzes will be given for each vocabulary section and will be open ended worth two grades. Reading quizzes will be multiple choice and administered randomly.
4. Homework will be assigned daily and you are expected to keep up with assignments through http://marcoscohen.educatorpages.com .
5. You can expect to receive between (but not limited to) 18 and 30 grades per 9 week grading period. Make sure that you are monitoring your progress by checking the gradebook weekly.
1. Be on time and be prepared with required materials.
2. Be Respectful.
3. Have an open mind.
4. Begin to mature.
5. Cell phone use will be restricted whenever Mr. Cohen sees fit.
6. All school rules also apply in class, no exceptions!
I. Materials (In Class)
1. Assigned tablet/textbook is required to be brought every class.
Tablets must be charged*
2. One human brain (preferably your own).
3. Spiral Notebook
4. Vocabulary/Index Cards
5. Common courtesy, manners, and respect for yourself and others.
II. Materials (At Home)
1. Three ringed notebook/binder
2. Class notes
4. Course Description
Each student is responsible for finding out what work was missed and responsible for turning in missed work the following class. Keep in mind because we are on block scheduling missing a class is two absences, not one.
To find out what work you missed simply visit the following website: marcoscohen.educatorpages.com
IV. Grading Scale
90 - 100 A 3.5 - 4.00 A
80 - 89 B 2.5 - 3.49 B
70 - 79 C 1.5 - 2.49 C
60 - 69 D 1.0 - 1.49 D
0 - 59 F 0.0 - 0.99 F