Wednesday, April 25
Tuesday, April 17
- 7.1 : Area of parallelograms finding area
- 7.2: Area of triangles
- 7.3 : Area of trapezoids and kits
- 7.4 Area of composite figures & irregular figures HW: pg 409 #10-17
Monday, March 19
- 5.6: how do you solve a word problem using unit rates? & how do you use unit rates to compare rates?
- 5.7 how do you find equivalent ratios by making a table?
- Pearson Realize 5.5-5.7 is due today
- Mathspace assignments are due Friday
- Topic 5.1-5.7 Test with a binder check is this Thursday
Thursday, March 15
- Journal Entry 5.1-5.4 Due tmrw
- 5.5 what are rates and unit rates? & how do you convert a rate to a unit rate?
- Pearson Realize 5.5-5.7 and Mathspace assignments are due next week.
Monday, March 12
- HW: Vocab 5.3 & 5.4 due tmrw and for 6D: don't forget to do the percentages hadnout as well.
- 5.3: how do you find equivalent ratios by making a table? & how do you use a table of equivalent ratios to predict a value?
- 5.4: how do you find equivalent ratios by making a table?
Wednesday, March 7
- Pearson Online HW 5.1 & 5.2 is due Thursday March 8
- 5.1 Review: how do you solve a word problem using ratios?
- 5.2 Review : what are equivalent ratios? & How do you find equivalent ratios?
Wednesday, Feb 7
- 4.5: how do you solve an equation where you're multiplying fractions? & how do you solve a word problem with an equation using subtraction?
- 4.6: what's an inequality? & how do you write an inequality from a number line graph?
- 4.7 how do you graph an inequality or an infinite set on a number line?
- 4.8 : what are dependent and independent variables?
- 4.9 how do you write a linear equation from a table?
- 4.10 how do you graph a linear equation by making a table?
Thursday. Jan 18
Tuesday, Jan 16
- 4.2: what's the addition property of equality? & what's the multiplication property of equality?
- 4.3: how do you solve a word problem with an equation using addition? &
how do you solve a word problem with an equation using subtraction? HW pg 193 #11-19
Wednesday, Jan 10
- 4.1 missing number in an eqution
- HW: pg 182 #20-26
Tuesday, Jan 9, 2018
- HW: Topic 1&2 Review #1-16
Thursday, Dec 14
- HW pg 165 #16-26 Due Monday
- Quiz 3.7 corrections are due Monday
- 3.7 what are the identity properties of addition and multiplication? & what is the distributive property?
Tuesday, Dec 12
- 3.6 what is the distributive property? & what are the associative properties of addition and multiplication?
- HW pg 159 # #11,13,19,20,24,30,34,35
- Self check quiz tmrw
Wednesday, Dec 6
- 3.5 how do you evaluate an algebraic expression with one variable? & how do you evaluate an algebraic expression with two variables?
- HW: 3.5 pg 149 #: 15,18,21,26,32,34,35
- Self check quiz tmrw
Monday, Dec 4
Friday, Dec 1
- HW: midpoint take home quiz 3.1-3.3 DUE MONDAY
Thursday, November 30
- HW 3.3 pg 135
- Review video: 3.3: What is Order of operations & how to solve order of operations
- number rocks order of operations
Wednesday, November 29
Tuesday, November 14
- Complete exponent worksheet
- Exponent song
Monday, November 6
- review video 2.5
- review video 2.6
- HW: Pg 107 & 108--review of 2.1-2.2
- Topic 2 Test, Binder Check, and Performance Task will be on Thursday
Friday, October 27
- Finish Midpoint reflection and mathspace for HW (due Monday)
Wednesday, October 25
- finish the HW (facebook coordinate page worksheet)
Tuesday, October 24
- watch review videos below on 2.4
- HW: finish riddle coordinate plane worksheet
Monday, October 23
- Watch 2.4 videos how do you graph ordered pairs in each quadrant? & how do you identify points on a graph?
Friday, October 20
- Midpoint quiz on Monday. Study sections 2.1-2.3 and complete the practice quiz on pearsonrealize.com
- Do more practice on mathspace.co
Thursday, October 19
- Review video for 2.3 Absolute Value & Absolute Value again
- 6D: HW: pg 82 # 4,44,46,47
- 6E HW: pg 82 #43-47
- 6F HW: pg 82 #41-47
Monday, October 16
- Review video for 2.2: What is a rational number?
- Fraction to Decimal song
- HW: pg 74 (in textbook) #'s: 5-14 if you forgot your book, log into pearsonrealize.com to access the online book
Thursday, October 12
Wednesday, October 11
- HW: Complete journal entry (see below)
Describe how you did in Topic 1? Describe the effort you put into Topic1 ? Were you happy with your grade?
How can you improve for Topic 2? What changes will you be making?
- What is your goals for the rest of Trimester 1?
Tuesday, October 3
- Study for Topic 1 test tmrw.
- Log onto https://www.pearsonrealize.com Enter in your username and password will either by Password123456 or Password2017 Complete the assigned assignment
- check the Binder Rubric and organize your binder for tmrw
Monday, October 2
- watch 1.7 multiplying mixed numbers
- HW: complete pg. 56-58:
1.1 : 12, 14
1.2 : 10, 12
1.3 : 8, 11
1.4/1.5 : 14, 15
1.6: 11, 12
1.7: 1, 2
Test and Binder check on Wed
Monday, September 25
- Remember to turn in grade reports tomorrow.
- Riddles fractions worksheet due tomorrow (1.6)
Friday, September 22
- HW: Watch 1.6 Dividing mixed numbers
- Journal prompt question:
What are three accomplishments you have achieved so far in school?
What is an accomplishment you have achieved in math?
What are 3 improvements you can make in math class or in your other classes?
What is the biggest challenge you face while at school?
What is frustrating about school?
What is kindness?
- Why why should you be kind?
- Please explain: How do you divide fractions? What are the rules to remember? Give an example and details. Remeber to write in complete sentences.
Monday, Septemeber 18
- HW 6D: Finish up the Riddle fraction worksheet
6E: Finish up Error Analysis Report
Thursday, Septemer 14
- HW 6D: Finish the "do you understand" on pg 34
6E & 6F: finish the worksheet on Fractions and Riddles
Wednesday, September 13
- 1.4 : Dividing Fractions
- 6D HW: finish part B & C on the perfomance task
Monday & Tuesday, Septemeber 11 &12
- NWEA testing
- Get good rest!
- review your notes to study for the 1.1-1.3 quiz
- 1.3 Multiplying Fractions
- Multiplying mixed numbers
- Multiplying Fractions
- HW: pg. 23 #19,21,,23,24,25 Due TMRW
1st week of school:
Remember to turn in signed syllabus!
- 1.1 review video: How to multiply decimals
- How to subtract decimals
- 1.2 Review video: How to divide whole numbers & how to divide decimal by decimal